PDA

View Full Version : Bad Lately

Mmarriner34
10-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Over the past couple of months my anxiety has pushed my girlfriend away, today to add to my mind i broke up with her for being harsh and unsupportive. I feel so down now, please lend advice to calm :)

agraves911
10-14-2012, 12:23 AM
This is tough stuff. Ending a relationship is hard for anyone but its worse when your mind won't shut up about, you think about memories, think of how things could have been different. My advice to you is to try to find a distraction and hang out with loved ones even if you don't feel like it. After a particularly bad break up I threw myself into school work and refused to be alone, every time I was alone I would start bawling. Find something you like and throw yourself into it 100%. Take your mind off things.

doyle22c
10-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Just distract yourself as best you can and wait for time to do it's thing. Hang out with other people.

chelly2011
10-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Over the past couple of months my anxiety has pushed my girlfriend away, today to add to my mind i broke up with her for being harsh and unsupportive. I feel so down now, please lend advice to calm :)

I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your anxiety....I'm there as well, mine has been terrible for the past 3 weeks much worse then usual. I think that it is absolutely vital to surround yourself with people who are supportive and understanding, obviously for people who have never had to go through anxiety it's hard for them to understand but it is possible to be supportive even when you don't fully understand something. I hope you begin to feel better and Im here to talk if you need to as I'm sure everyone else here suffering from it would be as well :) Hang in there!

Mmarriner34
10-14-2012, 12:59 PM
This is tough stuff. Ending a relationship is hard for anyone but its worse when your mind won't shut up about, you think about memories, think of how things could have been different. My advice to you is to try to find a distraction and hang out with loved ones even if you don't feel like it. After a particularly bad break up I threw myself into school work and refused to be alone, every time I was alone I would start bawling. Find something you like and throw yourself into it 100%. Take your mind off things.

Thanks so much, my decision to end it because of my anxiety. She would get annoyed and angry rather than being supportive of me. I know getting my mind off it is the way but i have issues to begin with and this kills me. Hating life right now, cant stop crying and cant stop my mind from hurting.

Mmarriner34
10-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your anxiety....I'm there as well, mine has been terrible for the past 3 weeks much worse then usual. I think that it is absolutely vital to surround yourself with people who are supportive and understanding, obviously for people who have never had to go through anxiety it's hard for them to understand but it is possible to be supportive even when you don't fully understand something. I hope you begin to feel better and Im here to talk if you need to as I'm sure everyone else here suffering from it would be as well :) Hang in there!

Chelly2011 i would love to chat, need support right now

agraves911
10-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah finding a distraction is definitely the hard part.

Mmarriner34
10-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah finding a distraction is definitely the hard part.

Trying, then i come home and want to curl up. So tired but sleep means dreams of panic.

agraves911
10-15-2012, 01:28 AM
I've been through that as well. Are you into anything like a hobby or reading or exercising? Maybe try something like that when you feel ultra crappy. I find that it helps. If I'm anxious I like to work out to get out the excess energy. I also like t "get lost" in a book or in music. I know that not much can help and that mending a broken heart mostly takes time. But I hope you get some comfort out of this.

raggamuffin
10-15-2012, 03:23 AM
It's very difficult for people to be supportive when you have anxiety. There isn't really anything anyone can do other than re-assure you that you aren't going to die or seriously ill etc. I split with my gf recently and she felt utterly helpless when I had panic attacks. Then afterwards i'd be aggitated and on edge and it's not fair on her. Whilst anxiety is scary I think it's a very selfish disorder too. Many people will avoid situations they associate with danger. You become self absorbed and scared of life and it's uncertainty.

Give it time, it's the best healer. Hopefully you'll be able to remain friends too. Too many people seem to look at ex's in a negative perspective. But they should learn to get over themselves I think. It takes 2 to make and to break a relationship and people should learn to get over past grievances.

Ed