PDA

View Full Version : Ow

raggamuffin
10-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Got up this morning to go to work and somehow threw my back out. Agony. Shouldn't have gone into work, but I did. I think tomorrow calls for a day off. I feel totally incapacitated.

However, as strange as it sounds, i'm glad to have a genuine pain these days and not one created because of worry and anxiety =)

Ed

jhunter89
10-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Shiit. Bad back is one of the worst. Hope you got some pain killers for that mother

firefly06
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Yep, it's like a monster that feeds on fear of the unknown. If you keep listening to it telling you that you could have all these awful diseases an shit (which you probably don't!) then it will never go away. I used to get (and occasionally still do) chest pains that I had convinced myself that I was gonna have a heart attack (at age 29, it should sound stupid, but I was convinced it was something serious) since finally convincing myself after thousands of dollars spent on heart tests, I know its just stupid anxiety. Now if I could just get the dizziness to go away... Lol

firefly06
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Back pain and knots in my back still cause me chest pain though, strangest thing ever...

dazza
10-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Yep, it's like a monster that feeds on fear of the unknown. If you keep listening to it telling you that you could have all these awful diseases an shit (which you probably don't!) then it will never go away. I used to get (and occasionally still do) chest pains that I had convinced myself that I was gonna have a heart attack (at age 29, it should sound stupid, but I was convinced it was something serious) since finally convincing myself after thousands of dollars spent on heart tests, I know its just stupid anxiety. Now if I could just get the dizziness to go away... Lol

It's not unknown for people in their 20's, 30's to have heart attacks - however, we need to understand why heart attacks occur.

The most common (and usual) cause is because of the following two issues:

1/ An inherent problem or strain/imbalance with/on the vascular system or heart itself.
Heart attacks in the young usually occur because there's something seriously wrong with them or their heart since birth.
E.g. a hole in the heart / heart murmer / arteries prone to blocking / inadequate lungs / faulty liver / diabetes and so on.

2/ They've seriously absued themselves with drugs / drink / fatty foods / cigs / lack of exercise and all things bad

The heart, as with all our organs is designed to keep going until a ripe old age.
If we're healthy / nothing serious wrong with us and we don't over do it... then chances are we'll live into our late 80's.