PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming Anxiety

zamfishcher
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
i 've had an anxiety disorder since my teens. i read a book that really helped me a lot. it's by a guy who overcame anxiety. he talks about how he was able to confront his fears and overcome his anxiety. it was really insightful. he has a blog at disorderanxiety.blogspot. com . i think more people with anxiety should create their own blogs. it helps spread awareness.

nicki-s
04-03-2007, 05:50 AM
hi
i was just wondering if anyone else is suffering with depression because of anxiety? i have been crying alot because i'm so frustrated with not been able to go out and enjoy being in social situations.. my therapist has told me not to create such huge goals because i am setting myself up 2 fail but i can't help it.. i forget for a moment that i suffer from SA and then try and go shopping or arrange to go out with my friends..i just want to feel normal!!!!! :? :cry:

pjr1234
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
My counsellor told me the same i aim too high and want to be better now when i have to accept i'm not and take things slow!

Which i do agree with her I just need time.

I have been very depressed because of my anxiety and have been on citalopram for nearly 5 weeeks, my mood had picke dup and my anxiety is alot better but this could just be me getting better I'm not sure!