PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

LilStephiee
10-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I've been having chest pain for the past 2 weeks on and off I'm only 18 and I keep thinking I'm going to have a heart attack :( I'm only new to aniexty I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago with the chest pain and he said its aniexty but I'm still scared because since then I've being getting pains in my left arm

LilStephiee
10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
It's more of a sore muscle pain and sometimes it clicks when I move it :( I'm always checking my heart beat aswell :(

dazza
10-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Chest pain and left arm / shoulder pain are one of most common symptoms of anxiety, stress & panic attacks.
(Why the left & not the right arm suffers most - god only knows, but it does)

The pain(s) can be caused by a number of things...

a) adrenalin tightening the muscles
b) acid reflux (get checked for GERD / acid)
c) muscle tension directly linked to anxious brain signals

or a combination of the above

During my early days of developing anxiety disorder, my entire chest would absolutely kill during a panic attack. Together with a POUNDING heart rate and unimaginable fear.
Having no idea of what was happening and assuming the worst... I actually held my arms out straight (making a human cross) one night as if to say... "OK... take me"

That was near 11 months ago and I'm still here :-)
I still get tension pains during anxious episodes but NOTHING like they used to be.
I also sometimes get pain after eating spicy food or simply over eating. (Use Gaviscon or Rennie to ease the indegestion)

Fear not me old bean... it's a response to stress, either conscious or subconscious.

lsapphirel
10-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Chest pain was one of my biggest freak outs lol. But overtime, when test came all clear, i figured, if it persist more than an hour, of course without me being obsessed about it, i'll drop by the docs or A&E. But so far, it hasnt gone beyond an hour. As in continuosly, ongoing chest pain and pressure for one hour. Just need to know the flow of your anxiety symptoms, only then you will tend to feel better.

Ps, stop googling for symptoms, often the pain is there because youre obsessing on an article and its playing at the back of your mind.

inzombiac
10-11-2012, 03:21 AM
I've been having chest pain for the past 2 weeks on and off I'm only 18 and I keep thinking I'm going to have a heart attack :( I'm only new to aniexty I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago with the chest pain and he said its aniexty but I'm still scared because since then I've being getting pains in my left arm

Ugh I hate this pain. It is common though. Sometimes I wanna rip my left arm off and beat my chest with it.....a lil dramatic? Maybe...lol