PDA

View Full Version : is anyone else LOUD? (volume wise)

jessr421
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
HI
silly question. i've always spoke very loudly... i'm wondering if it has anything to do with Anxiety?....
you'd think i would be quiet to not call attention to myself....
but i'd be interested to know if anyone else is loud... or its just me being me....ha..
Thanks!

Lawo
04-28-2007, 10:09 AM
hello, most guys with SA got a rather quiet voice, because they fear to attract attention.
that is only an idea from me, but have you considered that your loud voice may have caused your problems on SA - because some people have refused you because of your voice?

greetings

txmom
04-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Hmm, no. I'm quiet, but I have noticed that loud noises seem to bother me more than they do other people.
What I mean is, to me a noise might sound WAY TOO LOUD... but to other people it just sounds normal.
Like my hearing is preternaturally acute, or something.

Lawo
05-03-2007, 04:42 AM
ah, all right, now i got the picture..... another idea: a speaking person always hears his voice in a different way. becuase the sonic is not only conducted by the ears, but also by the rest of the head. everyone who has heard his voice on record knows the effect.

you could record same samples of your voice and listen to them.
maybe your perception will be another then.

MikeMarcoe
05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I'm loud. I've been told that I have a naturally loud voice. Yet I had social anxiety for many years, and I've been rather shy my whole life.

Bradley
07-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Hmm, no. I'm quiet, but I have noticed that loud noises seem to bother me more than they do other people.
What I mean is, to me a noise might sound WAY TOO LOUD... but to other people it just sounds normal.
Like my hearing is preternaturally acute, or something.

Hyper-sensitivity to sound can be associated with bi-polar disorder... tell your doctor about it, it does mean something.

duddits
07-20-2007, 09:32 PM
hello, most guys with SA got a rather quiet voice, because they fear to attract attention.
that is only an idea from me, but have you considered that your loud voice may have caused your problems on SA - because some people have refused you because of your voice?

greetings

Lol. After all this time, I never really noticed that. I too have a rather quiet voice and social anxiety. It seems I have trained myself to speak that way especially more so around people I hardly know.

Robbed
08-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Hyper-sensitivity to sound can be associated with bi-polar disorder... tell your doctor about it, it does mean something.

Then again, hypersensitivity to sound is also an anxiety symptom. It kind of goes along there with exaggerted startle response.

blur
08-29-2007, 01:22 AM
i always thought its because of my hearing loss... i have to speak alittle louder to hear myself talk

ashes
09-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I actually talk really loud, and I seem to get louder when I'm telling a story or something. I'm not loud in the general public, I'm pretty normal, borderline quiet. I always beat myself up about it later, get really embarassed once I realize I'm talking so loud. My husband says he can hardly handle how loud I talk sometimes. He says it's just because I was excited.

Who knows! Wish I could control it though :)