PDA

View Full Version : Thinning Hair

raggamuffin
10-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Not a nice feeling really and it's stressing me out (which doesn't help at all). I had dreads for 7 years and I think that really caused some prolonged damage to my hair. Plus all the men in my family are bald. I got rid of my dreads as hair was thinning on the crown of my head. That was one of the hardest descisions of my life. I felt hurt but also really stupid for letting it take such a hit to my ego.

The thinning has got progressively worse since then. It really hasn't been helped by all the anxiety and stress. There's so many bald men where I work but most are in their 40's and 50's. Even the youngest with thinning hair are in their 30's. I'm 26...to be fair I know it can start at any point in a man's life. Some are unlucky to have it start in their late teens and early 20's.

I'm considering shaving it all off at this point. Only problem is protruding red ears. They're not large in size, but they certainly do stick out and the colour doesn't help at all. I looked into it and it's £3,000 to have my ears pinned. I wonder if I can justify such frivelous spending in the name of vanity? Not that I can afford it. It would take quite a bit of saving to have it done. My mum offered to pay for it after coming into money after my nan died. This was several years ago and I said no outright. I already owe my dad money so I don't really want to owe my mum money too. Decisions decisions.

Sorry guys, not really the right place to put such a post but I just wanted to get it out I suppose.

Ed

alankay
10-10-2012, 06:26 AM
I have just over half a head of hair...........so why do I have to pay full price for a haircut??? That's the hard part of it for me..... plus blinding oncoming drivers at night. LOL:)
Seriously, if you are healthy..............little else really matters. One day you will realize this. Welcome to the world of testosterone. It's trivial but when I was in my 20's I hated it too. Minoxdil alternating with propecia has helped keep it where it's all at for the last 25 years so give them a whirl. No downsides to them for me anyway. Alankay

dazza
10-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Losing my hair (starting at the age of 19!) was nothing short of devastating.

I loved having hair... I loved spending time on it before going out and it was big part of my ego and visual appearance.
It was part of ME... part of who I was.

Losing hair can be like losing your idnetity. Some blokes get suicidal over it.

The worst "phase" was around my early 30's where I'd try to hide it. I'd spend hours in the bathroom trying to make use of what little I had left...
more often than not frustrating the hell out of me to the point where I couldn't face the outside world.

Bad times... VERY bad times for me.

Finally got the courage to shave it around 33 yrs old. This took a LOT of courage, since to me it was more than just shaving my head, it was also
like saying goodbye to my youth.
The psychological effects were great.

Lucky for me I have a good shaped head and so I suit the shaved look.

You get used to it... and in fact end up loving it for it's simplicity and ease of maintainance.

A lot of women love it too... BONUS ;-)

dazza
10-10-2012, 06:55 AM
On this subject... I reckon it's about time they came up with a cure (or preventative) for male pattern baldness.

They've been promising it for decades.

Modern hair transplants look really good actually and I believe they are able to grow human hairs in petri dishes these days.

Having said that, I've got so used to not having hair that I'd probably look stupid with it now.

lsapphirel
10-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Have you guys tried, the chinese herbal hair loss salon? If you guys have it there, wherever you are that is.

lsapphirel
10-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Have you guys tried, the chinese herbal hair loss salon? If you guys have it there, wherever you are that is.

Oops, double post, idk what happened there.

dazza
10-10-2012, 08:32 AM
>Oops, double post, idk what happened there.

You posted it twice... :-P

lsapphirel
10-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah, because i didnt see it and i just kept pressing send lol.

raggamuffin
10-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Iunno, there's a lot of supposed helpers for thinning hair. But it all costs a bomb. I think i'll just man up and shave my hair to a grade 1 or 2 or some such. CHeap as chips, no more haircut charges :)

Ed

lsapphirel
10-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Lol, bald men are cutesy.

raggamuffin
10-10-2012, 11:44 AM

Not fully shaved, but I have to say I like it =)

Ed

dazza
10-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Ed's got a shaved 'Ed. Nice one Ed :-)

Crikey... the lip piercings! looks like you're chewin' a paper clip.

dazza
10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Not anywhere near as bald as me though me old fruit...

Check me, lol:

The glasses are 3D glasses before anyone takes the piss, lol

raggamuffin
10-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Hah those glasses remind me of safety goggles from school chemistry labs :P

Ed

lsapphirel
10-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Hahahaha, ed you cheated, thats not even bald. Dazza lol, perfect name for you, imp. Haha

jhunter89
10-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Because you're dazzaled by the light bouncin off his head? :P

lsapphirel
10-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Its too bright lol.