PDA

View Full Version : Start out positive

simplyput
10-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Yes, you heard it before: I am new!
Background: I have had GAD for about 13 years. It was only diagnosed for 6. It sucks. Triggered by an terminal illness from dad as far as I can tell. I always felt that the moment of his passing was always imminent. Yet, since he died (I was there and also dealt w/ 4 other deaths and my best friend off doing drugs) I am not worried over the things I used to be. Now all the worry I had for him has transferred into one main theme: major life decisions and failure. I don't want to fail or cause others to fail in some way. This is very hard especially when my personal beliefs sometimes come into conflict with my professional duties. That is why I am up at 2:30 a.m. Fretting over yet another decision. So, to help myself, I've decided to post a positive. I am very fortunate to have loving family who try to understand. What is something positive you have?

blabby_peach
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi there!

We somewhat have something in common! I became a hypochondriac (health anxiety) when a close relative dies all of a sudden. My anxiety went from mild to severe that sometimes I just couldn't function at all. Became a paranoia with everything, but, like you the positive thing that keeps me going is the support I get from my family especially from my husband (talking about for better or worse, in sickness and in health) and my 2 year old son. He needs a mother! I keep telling myself that all the time. Hope it is just easy to control these anxieties. It is better said than done but, I am hanging in there!