PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy and severe health anxiety

blabby_peach
10-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Hello everyone! I'm 32 years old,married with a 3 year old son. I'm glad to be able to find this site to vent on what I'm feeling. A month ago, my mom's first cousin died of a brain aneurysm at the age of 35. Out of nowhere after hearing the news, I just suddenly panicked. So, I googled about it and after that I convinced my husband to buy me sphygmomanometer so I can check
my blood pressure. I am monitoring my blood pressure not just daily but every hour.!I know I'm going too far there. Didn't want to eat pork, chicken and beef aside from fish for the reason that it may increase my cholesterol level. One day, after doing my Zumba, I felt lightheaded. Of course,. Of course, it freaked me out some more thinking I'm having aneurysm. I have my husband check my pulse and pupil if it is dilaed or not. He assured me it is normal. But, I didn't believe him otherwise. I finally told him we will see a doctor and when we did, the doctor said it was acute sinusitis. After 10 days of antibiotic, it seemed its the same.. Nothing has changed. It's the only thing I think every single day before and after going to bed. I still constantly check my BP and its normal. Then I googled about chronic dizziness and I found about the brain tumor, , MS, stroke, and all the worst illness there is. My anxiety gotten severe that I t gave me heart palpitations, gas, worsen my dizziness, and tightness in the chest. After which, I then thought I was having a heart attack. I told my husband to see another doctor because of lightheadedness is not going away. I'm beginning to have foggy vision every now and then. I havave to squint my eyes. Seen another GP and she checked my ears and diagnosed me with Eustachian tube dysfunction. I was relieved for awhe. After the check up, I actually felt better. Just tired eyes and face pressure where the sinuses are located. After 10 days of prescribed decongestant, checked myself and still feelin lightheaded and felt my ears are clogged. So here I am freaking out some more than ever and is having more and more anxiety. Also I called my mother in law to schedule me an appointment with the doctor who had my med records. He is like 16 hours away from us. We are going there this week to see him. I will request t tests and screening and all those blood works and everything. I'm scared at the same time because of the phrase "what if he find something bad". I've been depressed since the end of September. I could see my husband is doing his best to understand me. Until now, if there's something new I feel, I would google it and would see these horrible illness and I would feel worse more. Just the other day my husband commented on my frequent urination and I freaked out. Searched and googled it and I got all these illness (kidney failure, liver disease, ovarian cancer, diabetes, heart failure, etc.) Also, with the lightheadedness, I found something online about spinal leakage, as mentioned, brain tumor, aneurysm, heart disease, diabetes, anemia, leukemia, and any kind of cancers. If I heard anything about it (cancer) I feel horrible. I'm trying my best to avoid the topic or hearing it. Plus, a friend's daughter died of a lung cancer recently. She said one day her daughter got sick and went to the doctor. She was misdiagnosed with pneumonia and she became sicker and sicker, not to mention she is a heavy smoker and drug user) they then went to the last doctor and they found out she got lung cancer. This is what I'm afraid of. That is why I want to see another doctor. I don't know what to do anymore. HELP!

karbear
10-09-2012, 12:37 PM
You are not alone.... I am new to this forum So I hope I need in doing this right. I am 34 years old and I in the mother of Three beautiful children two girls and a boy. I have been suffering from panic and anxiety disorder for eight years now. I feel as if I have a brain tumor or something majorly wrong with me during my panic and anxiety attacks... I asked my doctor to let me have a CT scan, I have had two CT scans and both were normal thank you Lord. Well it had been a while since I had my last attack, until today I was at work and all of a sudden I felt very lightheaded very dizzy very shaky and it was like my eyes were feeling really weird and I was going to pass out. So I sat down and the ladies brought me some orange juice thinking maybe I have low blood sugar something. And in the back of my head I was thinking anxiety but it's just so scary when it's happening i get this unreal feeling and feel like I am dying. My first reaction is oh my goodness I need to go to the hospital something is happening this is not anxiety attack this is a brain tumor this is a stroke this is all the negative things that I'm thinking. I have been seeing a therapist not only for my anxiety and panic disorder but I also have OCD. I am also gluten intolerant have celiac disease so I cannot have any gluten, and just found out yesterday that I am allergic to milk. I have been gluten-free for over a year and that seemed to help me feel a lot better so all of a sudden when I got my attack today it scared me to death... I think this is going to be a very nice thing to be able to talk to other people that are going through the same thing that I am going through.
Thanks
Kari

blabby_peach
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
You are not alone.... I am new to this forum So I hope I need in doing this right. I am 34 years old and I in the mother of Three beautiful children two girls and a boy. I have been suffering from panic and anxiety disorder for eight years now. I feel as if I have a brain tumor or something majorly wrong with me during my panic and anxiety attacks... I asked my doctor to let me have a CT scan, I have had two CT scans and both were normal thank you Lord. Well it had been a while since I had my last attack, until today I was at work and all of a sudden I felt very lightheaded very dizzy very shaky and it was like my eyes were feeling really weird and I was going to pass out. So I sat down and the ladies brought me some orange juice thinking maybe I have low blood sugar something. And in the back of my head I was thinking anxiety but it's just so scary when it's happening i get this unreal feeling and feel like I am dying. My first reaction is oh my goodness I need to go to the hospital something is happening this is not anxiety attack this is a brain tumor this is a stroke this is all the negative things that I'm thinking. I have been seeing a therapist not only for my anxiety and panic disorder but I also have OCD. I am also gluten intolerant have celiac disease so I cannot have any gluten, and just found out yesterday that I am allergic to milk. I have been gluten-free for over a year and that seemed to help me feel a lot better so all of a sudden when I got my attack today it scared me to death... I think this is going to be a very nice thing to be able to talk to other people that are going through the same thing that I am going through.
Thanks
Kari

Hi Kari,
Yes, it is indeed scary. I can't focus on anything, I became a paranoia. For the last month, every morning I wake up, I check myself if I'm dizzy or not and then the cycle begins again. Probably, checking my self the moment I wake doesn't help at all, I guess being stuck in my mind of being dizzy makes me dizzy. The same thing before I have to go to sleep. This is just so scary. Do you also get heat palpitations and tightness in the chest?

blabby_peach
10-09-2012, 03:32 PM
You started that mediation yet :)

I'm about to do it. ;) Thanks!

blabby_peach
10-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks Kev. I did a little tai chi today. Not being to do physical work door 6 weeks makes you really lightheaded with the breathing exercise. Thanks for the link.

blabby_peach
10-09-2012, 07:36 PM
*** FOR I mean

lizzie
10-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Searching google is by far the worst thing to do , it just tells you that you are dying , witch you are every one is , it's what you do from now in till that day that makes a difference , I suggest you try cbt I think you have got a scare from losing someone and then became obsessed with illness if they have you have it to sort of thing I'm the exact same I'm that bad I can't even read magazines , you have just got to keep telling yourself that it's not your time there is nothing wrong with you and enjoy your life rember everyday is a new day but appreciate it as it was your last , you will get thru this x

maybe
10-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Searching google is by far the worst thing to do , it just tells you that you are dying , witch you are every one is , it's what you do from now in till that day that makes a difference , I suggest you try cbt I think you have got a scare from losing someone and then became obsessed with illness if they have you have it to sort of thing I'm the exact same I'm that bad I can't even read magazines , you have just got to keep telling yourself that it's not your time there is nothing wrong with you and enjoy your life rember everyday is a new day but appreciate it as it was your last , you will get thru this x

Nicely said :) I myself can't even look at magazines

blabby_peach
10-09-2012, 10:19 PM

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you! I'm glad I went into this forum. There are a lot of us here suffering from anxiety and knowing I'm not alone, it makes me at least a little better. I will try what you have suggested. Thank you again!