PDA

View Full Version : chest pain

emaj
10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Had anxiety for ten months, taken citalopram. Withdrew from that its an awfull drug, started to have panic attacks, I have a few good days then the sharp chest pain hits me again and this cold shoulder feeling again and im back to square one, anxiety will go away, it just takes a lot of time and patience with a strong will, keep smiling people.

raggamuffin
10-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Fight or flight. Always on edge etc. Feeling anxious about perceived danger. Adrenaline filled blood is focused towards the chest to protect your organs from impact and such. With no release, and your sub concious never truly feeling safe your muscles are tired and worn out. You get muscle spasms and cramps etc which can cause all sorts of pains. Sharp and fast or dull and long lasting. Try talking to your doctor if citalopram isn't working for you. Try and pair it up with CBT and you should be on the road to recovery. It's no overnight cure and you need to really accept that it is simply anxiety that's causing this. From there try and be mindful when you experience pain, accept it and don't feed it with worries. Focus on deep breathing focusing on elongated exhaling. All the while whlst doing 20 deep breaths tell yourself "it's just anxiety, it can't hurt me, my body is on edge. I have nothing to fear". The slow breathing will make the brain realize you're not in danger and you will feel calmer. Try not to feed the worry because it's worry that is more destructive than anxiety.

Hope that helps somewhat

Ed

dazza
10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Fight or flight. Always on edge etc. Feeling anxious about perceived danger. Adrenaline filled blood is focused towards the chest to protect your organs from impact and such. With no release, and your sub concious never truly feeling safe your muscles are tired and worn out. You get muscle spasms and cramps etc which can cause all sorts of pains. Sharp and fast or dull and long lasting. Try talking to your doctor if citalopram isn't working for you. Try and pair it up with CBT and you should be on the road to recovery. It's no overnight cure and you need to really accept that it is simply anxiety that's causing this. From there try and be mindful when you experience pain, accept it and don't feed it with worries. Focus on deep breathing focusing on elongated exhaling. All the while whlst doing 20 deep breaths tell yourself "it's just anxiety, it can't hurt me, my body is on edge. I have nothing to fear". The slow breathing will make the brain realize you're not in danger and you will feel calmer. Try not to feed the worry because it's worry that is more destructive than anxiety.

Hope that helps somewhat

Ed

The Haddenham massive!

The last lot of Diazepam I picked up was from Haddenham MACE!

emaj
10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Thank you very much ed, its good to read advice from people who understand. Hope your good. :-)