PDA

View Full Version : Need some support please

Jarv
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi

Just an update really. Im still not feeling to great. Ive been on my tablets (Citalopram) 3 and a half weeks now and am only feeling mimimal difference. I first felt a difference after exactly 3 weeks, my tiredness seemed to get better and i didnt feel dizzy or lightheaded (still havent) But today ive had a bad day, the tiredness came back and i once again found myself in daydream mode. Im also seeing dark spots in my eyes which are worse whn looking at white sheets of paper making it very hard to read. Also still feeling a bit of dearealization which i think is linked to the tiredness?

Im just struggling i hate these feelings and just want them to go. Im worried because the tablets havent kicked in and i havnt managed to find many other anxiety suffers who list tiredness or 'daydream' mode as a main symptom. Both of these things are further making me think that i dont actually have anxiety but insted something worse.

It always feels as though my head is 'bunged up' and ive got a really annoying / worrying crackling or popping sound in the back of my head/neck which has been there for about 3 months and doesnt seem to show any signs of going. Life is just so hard i thought i mite have been starting to get better but today has been such a hard day.

Sorry if this message doesnt make much sense ive just got so many thoughts going through my head to list down and i want to feel back to normal again. Im feeling really sad :cry:

Please help me if you can, Thanks

Jarvis

mirandao
04-02-2007, 02:33 AM
It will take a bit more time for the antidepressents to kick in fully, usually ssri's are considered to be effective around six weeks. I felt it faster, but it manifested itself in a different manner (aggression and delusion).

About the daydream feeling...I've felt it too, and I thought it was withdrawl from my medication. I forgot to take it for awhile and I did not have the same feeling. So, I'm not sure what it is. Sometimes I feel really out of it and disconnected, I think it's just a reaction to oversensitivity. A lot of people I've talked to say they feel numb, and I think they mean the same sort of thing..maybe it's a kind of natural defense. That makes sense to me. I find light and sound overwhelming, so I block it out and become oblivious to all people around me...I'm startled when they try to speak to me.

I hope you get something out of our meds in the coming weeks.

-J