PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I'm dying!!!

Magicstars0811
10-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Ok so this sounds ridiculous and I'm not sure if all my concerns are related to anxiety itself- I've always been a worrier and a hypochondriac but I've recently not been feeling myself, lost my confidence. Feel like I can't think and take in a conversation- and my eyes and ears are very sensitive to light and sound!! I had now convinced myself that the reason I'm feeling like this is because I have a BRAIN TUMOR!!! I spend all day researching symptoms and its lot to the point now that I'm actually experienceing the symptoms?!! Could this be a psycholigical thing due to anxiety and can anxiety cause vision and hearing problems?? Thanks for taking the time to read and I'd appreciate any feedback :)

dazza
10-07-2012, 04:35 AM
>but I've recently not been feeling myself

Hmmm, I feel myself whenever I can, lol

Oooooh behave Dazza...

You need to put your mind at rest on this one and go seek a professional opinion. Doctors is a good place to start.

However, all your symptoms and your hyper state can most certainly be caused by anxiety and / or fight or flight.

Fight or flight is your body reacting to a state of perceived danger. Whilst this is going on, your focus is concentrated wholly on staying alive... this has an major impact or influence on peripheral senses, such as vision, hearing, smell, sound and so on... often leading to dizziness, tunnel vision, hyper sensitive to sounds, etc.

Oh, and PLEASE do not WEB-SEARCH for answers. This will invariably result in a utteryly ridiculous self-diagnostics.
Leave this to your doctor.

Once I searched I for a stomach ache, only to find I was pregnant and had hepatitus.
Much to my relief, it turned out I had a stomach ache... not sure I could have handled being the first ever man to conceive.

Siegfried
10-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Oh yes it can, and yes it probably is "just" anxiety.

Having a brain tumor used to be one of my number one obsessions. I remember one day waking up, looking in the mirror and thinking that I was experiencing mild facial paralysis... Naturally I freaked out, and it took me a while to convince myself that it was just a morning face after spending the night sleeping to one side... -.-'

Really! Don't browse for symptoms. I mean, anything can be a symptom of any disease you care to obsess about... But keep posting here all your fears so that we can help you get over them!!!