PDA

View Full Version : internal tremors shaking on the inside

twinkletoes050503
10-05-2012, 06:03 PM
hi i have had this horrible shaking inside not outside just inside kinda like a vibrating feeling it comes and goes somedays worse then others can stay around for ages it even seems to be there when i am not feeling that anxious or anything but then it starts to make me feel anxious cause it wont go away at times is this a normal sympton of anxiety?? or is this something i should get checked out??

falconlady
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi twinkletoes, I don't know what is "normal" but it is very common with anxiety. I'm not normal at all and this was one of my first anxiety "symptoms". I had it in my chest and diaphragm so bad that I really thought my heart or some other internal organ that I might need was going to jump out! I rushed to the dr. and had an ekg (fine) and wound up having lots of other heart tests for the next 2 months. After a while, I finally decided it must not be life threatening and it gradually went away. I still have it from time to time but it goes away pretty quickly because I lost the fear of it. Now I just worry about other stuff;)

dazza
10-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm assuming you've been checked out by the doc? (if not, then go asap just to be cautious & put your mind at rest)

An over-active thyroid often causes such symptoms, as can deficiencies in various vitamins.

It is probably anxiety or rather a symptom of fight or flight (adrenalin), but best to get checked anyway.

With anxiety disorder, you don't need to be consciously anxious for fight or flight to occur. It only takes a little bit of otherwise managable stress or a teeny weeny worry to set things off. Fight or flight effectively becomes a "background event"... or something that just happens without consciously realising it.

twinkletoes050503
10-07-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm assuming you've been checked out by the doc? (if not, then go asap just to be cautious & put your mind at rest)

An over-active thyroid often causes such symptoms, as can deficiencies in various vitamins.

It is probably anxiety or rather a symptom of fight or flight (adrenalin), but best to get checked anyway.

With anxiety disorder, you don't need to be consciously anxious for fight or flight to occur. It only takes a little bit of otherwise managable stress or a teeny weeny worry to set things off. Fight or flight effectively becomes a "background event"... or something that just happens without consciously realising it.

hi i have been the docs and had various bloods done and my thyroid is fine but do have a vitamin d deficency could that be it causing it ??

dazza
10-07-2012, 03:58 AM
hi i have been the docs and had various bloods done and my thyroid is fine but do have a vitamin d deficency could that be it causing it ??

Maybe!!?? I'm not a doctor. I'm just saying that you/we/everyone should check all vital levels before assuming anxiety.
It most likely is anxiety but we must be vigilent.

Been tested for diabetes? (Vit-D deficiency is partially linked to diabetes, or at least for those who have adequate levels of vit-D are said to be MUCH less likely to develop diabetes)

Anxiety related symptoms seem to come during obvious, anxious episodes and dissappear when calm. It worries me a little when I hear of continuous or very long-lasting symptoms.

But... a buzzing / vibrating / electric-current type sensation is common in fight or flight. A mixture of anxious nerve activity and adrenalin at work.

Do you take any meds? if so, does the symptom reduce or dissappear after you've taken them?