PDA

View Full Version : Moodswings

DragonLilly
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Having trouble lately controlling my emotions. I keep going from one extreme to the next.

Some days I'm really calm and indifferent to everything. I'm neither sad or happy, I'm just completely neutral to everything. On these days I come across really cheerful to most people, I talk to everyone in a kind tone and generally agree to whatever is being said, even if don't agree. I feel no interest in arguments so I just say what people want to hear and don't challenge anything.

Then there is a happy me, which is rare. I'm not happy very often so I get really hyped up and go overboard a lot. I have no experience on how to contain my good emotions so I generally annoy everyone. I can't sit still and I get irritable because I get bored easily. I may pick fights with people for my own entertainment since I have no one to talk to and I need the social interaction. While others enjoy my good moods they also get ticked off with me because I don't calm down and I get annoying to them.

Then there's the bad moods. I swear a lot and am rude to everyone. I get this i-don't-give-a-shit-about-anyone attitude and get angry really quick if someone annoys me. I'm on edge and ready to start a fight the moment someone even looks at me the wrong way. I get very narcissistic, and only care for myself, other people just burden me. I'm happy to spend time on my own unless I feel the need to pick a fight and yell at someone, though I do enjoy when others fight back with witty comments. Schoolyard insults only piss me off.

Lastly the depressed me. I'm highly anxious and so terrified of people it stops me from functioning properly. I stop looking after myself and refuse to go out anywhere. I start crying or begin to have panic attacks at the slightest upset in my day. I get shaky around others and cannot make eye contact with people. I get very fatigued and often refuse to leave my bed or do any chores. I cannot handle any emotions from others as I just take it on and get upset. I'm very worried about my looks despite not doing anything to 'fix' myself and get really upset if anyone mentions something about myself.

Yup so this is my emotional map. It's all over the place. heh.
So does anyone else have high and low emotions like this? Is it normal? What can I do? Advice?

pootytang
10-07-2012, 06:10 PM
This describes me to a t lately. Usually i can control it and am fully functioning, but lately I feel completely out of control. Sounds like you might be bipolar like me or experiencing symptoms. I take Effexor and Valium, but am afraid to ask for more, as drs are likely to put me on something strong that will turn me into a zombie. All I know is meds aren't working anymore.

I am flying off the handle about every little frustration, especially at work. Add some anger to the mix and I cry, which is something I never do normally. These days I cry a lot.

Weekends are spent on the safety of my sofa. I don't leave the house and am so exhausted from my week that I mostly sleep. I have the same feelings about my physical appearance. That part of your post really hit home.

The guilt of being so self absorbed is mixed with rage that no one really gives a shit about anybody but themselves. People are so inconsiderate and stupid nowadays. It takes every ounce of energy I have to tolerate them.

I hope I snap out of this funk soon because it's a nightmare.

dazza
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Everyone has mood swings although some are good at not showing it.

Mood swings are indicative of an unstable / troublesome / unsettled life, which can simply be immaturity... or there may be something(s) on your mind.

Bad moods are generally because you're not happy with some aspect(s) of your own life.

SO... with the above in mind. Wasssuppppp?