PDA

View Full Version : I need advice some advice

jdubb4045
10-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Hello. I have been dealing with GAD and panic for over 6 months now. I recently went to my GP and she prescribed me 50mg of Zoloft for two weeks, then she wanted me to up the dose to 100mg. Well the first two weeks I felt a lot better. I was sleeping good and felt like myself again. I was afraid to jump right to the 100mg dose when the first two weeks were up, so I broke the second pill in half and just took 75mg. I have been doing this for the last two days and I actually feel worse! I had racing thoughts that woke me up this morning and I could not go back to sleep. I feel almost as anxious as I did before I started the Zoloft. It scares me because like I said this is only at 75mg and not even at 100 yet. I have an appointment with GP tomorrow, but I was wondering if I should just stay at 50mg until I see her. Thanks.

Siegfried
10-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Since you already took 75 mg for two days and you are seeing your doctor tomorrow, I suggest you take 75 mg today. That reaction seems normal, if unfortunate. Tomorrow discuss this thoroughly with your doctor. Remember that side effects tend to go away as treatment progresses.

Keep us posted!

shumann
10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I just upped my Paxil also 2 days ago and felt horrible my BP went up and I couldn't relax at all. I'm in the ER right now finding out if their is anything else going on.

shumann
10-04-2012, 12:36 PM
They just took me off my Xanax and prescribed me Ativan. What's the difference of the two?

Chiliphil1
10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Jdubb. The increased anxiety when upping a dose is common, when I went on zoloft my anxiety was WORSE than before I took it! It does stop, just keep with the upped dose until you talk to your doc, they will advise you how to proceed it seems to me that you may only need the 50mg, you may want to ask the doc if you can just stay on that and see what happens, good luck.

As far as the difference between xanax and ativan there really isn't much, my personal opinion is that xanax seems to have more of a sedating "knock you on your butt" effect, whereas ativan seems to hit you in a much milder way, it seems to just "take the edge off" where you can deal with your normal life and for that reason I prefer ativan.