PDA

View Full Version : Help

shumann
10-04-2012, 05:59 AM
I started taking 10 mg of Paxil 2 days ago I upped it from taking 5 mg. I felt a lot more anxious yesterday. Then last night I woke up in like a full blown panic attack. I have never woke up like that. I normally wake up around 5 feeling anxious but not like I did last night. What should I do? I took a Benadryl and was able to go to sleep. But I have to go to work in a min and I feel the same way again. Help I can't function like this today

Siegfried
10-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Hello shumann!

What you are experiencing sometimes happens to those initiating treatment with Paxil. It usually goes away with treatment, but since it seems to be hitting you hard, I think you should call your doc for better guidance. Meanwhile take what you usually take when you are very anxious.

Keep us posted.

shumann
10-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I think I should go back down to 5 mg

inzombiac
10-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I think I should go back down to 5 mg

I would go back down to 5 mg and try the 10 when you have a few days off. I just started Tuesday with 10 mil and there's sometimes I feel like I'm gonna have an attack but I am able to fight it off and day by day it is getting better and I'm not so anxious feeling. I feel good today ....can't wait to see how much better I feel tomorrow. :) hang in there!

shumann
10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
My drs nurse told me if I was having a reaction to the medicine to go to the ER. So I went. My BP was 133/88 and heart rate 90 so it wasn't that bad but I felt like I could jump out of my skin. My pupils where dilating and constricting while I was just sitting their! I'm sure it was a reaction to the meds because this happened when I took lexapro. But the dr thought I was just having a panic attack and switched me from Xanax .25 mg to Ativan.5 mg. I don't like the drs or trust them very much! Idk what to do now to control this.

shumann
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Today was hell for me. I talked with a dr and he thinks I'm just not controlling my anxiety enough with the meds so he switched me from Xanax .25 mg to Ativan .5 mg I hate anxiety and keep wishing they will run a test on me and find something that is causing this so I can actually be treated. It's hard to believe its just anxiety