PDA

View Full Version : I think I have anxiety not sure

confused82
10-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Ok ever since I got sick and went went out with my spouse I had an accident now I'm too scared to go anywhere especially in public our standing in lines I don't trust my body or myself anymore I start tearing up shaking stomach starts hurting I start to sweat I get diarea ( however you spell it ) I just freak out I don't know what's going on I'm fine til I have to go somewhere and then my body acts up are these signs of anxiety or what do you think is going on with me? Its taking a lot to ask I'm so embarrassed by this any ideas?

AceParadox
10-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Sounds very much like you've got some social anxiety going on there. IBS, is an anxiety symptom, and that's basically the stomach ache you get, I used to get stomach aches all the time before Dentist appointments, before I'd go out on stage in Theatre, that's normal. Nervous stomach. Sweating, tearing up and shaking usually accompany the Grand Panic Attack. So from my point of view, you do have anxiety and panic.

dazza
10-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Hey... no need to be confused anymore, Confused.

You have classical anxiety symptoms, bourn from the "accident" you mention where you overly fear the "accident" happening again - especially in public.
Simple as that.

Your elevated fear triggers a nervous / anxious / apprehensive response in your body, which in turn causes the classical symptoms you describe.

The stomach is nearly always the first sign of nerves. Not just for anxiety disorder sufferers, but for anyone. We're all familiar with the "butterflies in the stomach" sensation when nervous... well, yours is the same only MUCH worse because your fear is much worse.

dazza
10-03-2012, 12:52 AM
One more point...

If this WASN'T anxiety then what else could it possibly be?

WildStomachShakySweatyPooPooPlopPlopButONLYinPubli c syndrome?

inzombiac
10-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Ok ever since I got sick and went went out with my spouse I had an accident now I'm too scared to go anywhere especially in public our standing in lines I don't trust my body or myself anymore I start tearing up shaking stomach starts hurting I start to sweat I get diarea ( however you spell it ) I just freak out I don't know what's going on I'm fine til I have to go somewhere and then my body acts up are these signs of anxiety or what do you think is going on with me? Its taking a lot to ask I'm so embarrassed by this any ideas?

That's definitely ibs which is irritable bowel syndrome. I've had it for yearsssss but there's tons of meds you can be prescribed that work wonderful. You need to see your dr about this as it could go into chrons disease and that's way worse.

AceParadox
10-03-2012, 06:36 AM
BUT, I wouldn't worry about chrons popping out of nowhere on you for just a little anxiety related IBS, so don't panic about that. But definitely see a doctor ASAP for those meds that inzombiac suggested, and just to be sure to get it checked into and such :] They'll help and you'll likely feel better quick haha

Demon Cleaner
10-08-2012, 03:41 AM
I used to have this same problem I carried an Imodium in my pocket every time I left the house or took one first. Then eventually the fear went away Imodium no longer necessary I've also found that Bentyl is a more effective medication for Anxiety induced IBS. I have Chrons disease and I've been through hell and back with it. I wouldn't comment if I didnt know your dilemma well. Ask your doctor for Bentyl it's a smooth intestinal muscle relaxer it basically its a lifesaver IMO for nausea, IBS, bloating it most often prescribed for PMS related cramping I wouldn't know about that being a male but I have taken it for stomach pains and it works. It's not a narcotic and is not dangerous you'll be happy u picked it up.