PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations are scary !!

sam12
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Anyone experience this ??:/

Buttercup
10-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I think you will find that almost everyone who has had anxiety issues has suffered from palps at one time or another. They are horrible but when anxiety related they are totally harmless. If you find they get out of control or you can't cope there are meds that help with them like beta blockers. Sometimes even learning meditation/relaxation techniques can make a difference without the need for meds. Some herbal remedies may also help like bach's rescue remedy.

AceParadox
10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Yep we all do. Comes with the package :/
They are indeed scary. During an attack my heart sounds like Thumper from Bambi.

Enduronman
10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
we ALL bundle...weeee alllll bunnnddleeee. Hilarious commercial! ..

E-Man.

sam12
10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I have been prescribed propranolol however I am afraid to take it . I do take Ativan daily as prescribed but I still get a jumpy feeling in my chest and palpitations often. Have had a heart check up but convinced now I need to go back :/

sam12
10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
My heart rate being fast and the palpitations don't seem to come together, I'm not sure why . I've experienced dizziness and it scares me as do many of these other physical symptoms so I'm scared to take it :/ ive had pains that i just dont know where they come from and it makes me so scared and puts me in this cycle for some reason I try to not think about it and still from literally no where ill get a palpitation ..sucks !

sam12
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Your so kind, thank you. Ill define yet try and check the Book out !