PDA

View Full Version : No help here

leeann76
09-30-2012, 04:14 PM
As someone who joined this forum for support from people who experience the same "ailment" as I do, I'm very disappointed in the lack of help. There have been a few who have responded to my questions and I greatly appreciate them and their kind words. However, it seems that the only threads that seem to be responded to are regarding medsand drugs. I will be seeking help and support else where. I wish everyone the best in life and recovery.

H

AceParadox
09-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Sorry you haven't found this forum helpful. I agree with kev, though, most people just browse the general discussion. I have it on my favorites tab. I believe the reason some people don't respond is because they're either too exhausted from their own anxiety to type (It's so hard to think clearly at all when dealing with anxiety some days), OR something in the topic triggers their anxiety. In the past, that's why I avoided some topics, because a trigger was in the post somewhere. Otherwise, I try to post on every topic I have knowledge on, or feel that I can be of help in some way.

I hardly post on topics related to drugs, because I have no clue about any drugs related to anxiety. I'm one of the cases Kev mentioned that has had great luck recovering without meds or therapy, but I try to post mostly on topics where people are crying out for help, who are currently experiencing an attack and need some support. I love helping people on this forum, it's my favorite thing and makes me feel awesome inside. Knowing I've made somebody smile, knowing that I've helped them ease their pain a bit and possibly even helped them stop the attack they were having.

I hope you'll decide to give us another chance :P

DragonLilly
10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Here's a list of reasons I may not answer any posts:-
-Too depressed/highly anxious
-Triggers (like what Ace just mentioned)
-Dodgy internet
-Too tired or feeling unwell

I love helping others if I can, I just can't always be there to do it. I hope you can forgive me if i have missed any of your posts and not replied, I try my best to help out when I can. If anything I am usually the one to reply to posts that have been ignored with 0 responses, so everyone gets a helping hand. :)

PS. I you ever want to you can private message me and I'm happy to chat! I'm not a professional but I do my best to help where I can. ^^

lsapphirel
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I dont take meds, i sometimes try to answer, but im not a pro, im new to anxiety, i dont wanna influence you in the wrong way. And also, i dont tend to go elsewhere to peek except in general, unless ive got nothing to do, i will go through any pages i can find. And also, i sometimes have limited time to be online, so i just log in, reply whatever is on the top list or reply any threads that i have replied to. i have 3 kids and am having issues being home(my stupid anxiety) and my phone doesnt last long if i use 3g outside(no chargers outside) i tend to either shop or cycle or walk or just find stuff to do.

1 thing i can say is, this is the best forum. I learn alot from here. And people actually come forward to help, also if you noticed, weekends are not busy in here. So maybe you got the wrong idea. Hopefully you will give this forum a chance. If not, hopefully you get the answers youre seeking.

Lastly, sorry if my reply sounded rude or whatever it is, it is just the way i type.

dazza
10-03-2012, 12:47 AM
I disagree with the title.

There's help ALL over this forum. If not directly aimed at you there will be much you could relate to in terms of explanations, recommendations, advice, experiences and so on as generic / general purpose posts.
It's up to you how you process & use the information provided.

inzombiac
10-03-2012, 02:13 AM
I totally disagree. Since joining this I feel not alone and like I have a ton of people that can and have helped me. Thanks to this forum I found out about vitamin d3 which has helped me a lot and also suggestions such as doing a journal and different things to discuss with my doctor and today I actually took my first anti anxiety meds thanks to support here. I'm sorry you had such a bad time with it but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped people on here. We are all dealing with our own crap and trying to lend a helping hand as well. It's a beautiful thing.

ananxiousgirl
10-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Disagree. This is a great place!