PDA

View Full Version : Advice please....

leeann76
09-29-2012, 06:10 AM
I'm starting to think that my situation at home is keeping me from being able to fully recover from agoraphobia.

Just a bit of background: I have a 16 yo stepson. We do not have a good relationship at all. I've been in his life since he was 8.

leeann76
09-29-2012, 06:19 AM
Continued.... His father, my husband, had him when he was 15. He's never really been a parent to him. He was mostly raised by the grandparents. So when we got married, the responsibility of raising him fell on me. He never helped with school, discipline, doc appts...nothing. I now know I should have set some boundaries with my husband, but I wasn't as assertive as I am now.

I don't speak to my stepson unless its absolutely necessary. I refuse to fight and argue. My husband talks to me about him and I instantly get upset. The boy is completely disrespectful to me and his father rarely says anything to him about it.

I really want to leave, but with agoraphobia the thought is completely overwhelming. My husband thinks its all me and him and his son have no fault in this. I've tried all I can. How much should one person change to try to make it work?