PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions!!

philw05
09-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Im on propranalol 80mg which helps immensely with the PA but I still find myself worked up and edgy .. Unable to relax on a few occasions such as at work or meeting new people etc. Nowhere near as bad as the full blown anxiety I've experienced but I've found myself in situations where I may need a 'calmer' if you know what I mean. I have a job interview coming up and if I get it , it means giving a presentation once a week and I was wondering if there's something to help with the whole anxiety side of this. I haven't been docs yet but I feel I may get more specific info from you guys.

Enduronman
09-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Beta-blockers are great for panic and anxiety, however the one you're on is one of it not the strongest one available and believe it or not can cause the exact side effects that you're mentioning here. A kindof uneasyness, slightly hyper, on edge kinda feeling but it does "mask" the physical manifestions of a panic attack from the outside world..but you still may feel them. I would suggest trying another beta-blocker IMHO..If you dont have insurance then there are some damn good ones for $4 a month also. Just some thoughts, and also ask for a benzo to compliment the betas.

E-Man.