PDA

View Full Version : Headache or head pressure

xrumer
09-27-2012, 06:51 AM
I've had bad anxiety for about 8 years now. It comes it goes. Of course just like everyone I've done the ER bit several times. My question is I usually get the chest weight and heart racing, but this time it seems to be mild headache or pressure stiff neck. Anyone get this?

AceParadox
09-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Completely normal. Result of stress. For instance, I awoke just now with a tension headache. Both sides of my head feel like there's built up pressure. Went to bed last night feeling like my head weighed 2 tons. It's normal, just take an ibuprofen or something of the like for that. Hot bath with a wet towel on the back of the neck feels great. Also, if you can manage to get your significant other to give you a massage it really helps, as long as they're not super aggressive massage givers.

But yeah, the chest weight and heart racing are the result of anxiety, and the headache, stiff neck and what not is the result of high amounts of stress.

dazza
09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
My symptoms evolve. I've probably had everything, except dizziness or vision problems.

My latest is a stiff / painful back of the neck... this is classical stress for most people, let alone those with anxiety disorder.

I agree with the above re. hot bath, hot/wet towell and a couple of cute, Taiwanese girls to massage those pains away...

Giggity