PDA

View Full Version : Pain in left arm

cat28
09-26-2012, 05:56 PM
I've been suffering from anxiety for years! I'm 25 and terrified that I have a heart problem. I've been to the ER too many times to count and they always do an EKG and blood work that comes back normal. My last trip there was in January. My left arm gets painful and I get sharp pains. I'm so worried that something bad will happen. I have a 9 month old son and I get so emotional thinking that if I die he won't have a mom. Does anyone get left arm pain? What does ours feel like?

trinidiva
09-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I have gotten left arm pains, mainly when I am stressed. I have gone through the whole heart workup, had a cardiac stress test done, etc...and I've been told everything is fine.
You mentioned you've had normal ekgs. I would probably guess everything is fine, but perhaps you can request a cardiac stress test and that will really put your mind at ease that everything is ok.
I used to have those same thoughts about not being around for my kids, but I stopped worrying AS much about heart attack worries since the stress test.

StopTheMadness
09-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Ive had left arm pain too. Im 27 with no medical problems and i have learned to just accept that i get chest pains and arm pain and that im not dying. It's gonna be when i'm in my 60s and i am having a real heart attack but ignore it think it's anxiety. That'll be a problem lol

Enduronman
09-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Anxiety=left arm pain..just work on the anxiety and the pain will subside friend.

E-Man.

StopTheMadness
09-26-2012, 09:57 PM
^^ yep my pain goes away every time. I eventually got used to it