PDA

View Full Version : What medical tests should I get to rule out medical problems?

Haloeclipse
09-25-2012, 11:40 PM
This is just a general thing. I have anxiety (surprised right?) I get headaches, pounding heart, sense of impending doom, dizziness, nausea, fatigue (probably from the poor sleep) and sometimes feel almost faint. I recently started seeing a new doctor and got a thyroid test, lipid panel and another one that I cant remember what its called but I remember it being like a general blood screen. I found I was low on Vit. D, and began taking a new statin for my cholesterol. Other than that my doctor didn't report anything out of the ordinary.

I am paranoid about my heart as I (and my twin) inherited high cholesterol from our mother and I turned 30 this summer. I am wondering if there is any test I should get for it, or for any blockages before I can dismiss medical problems? I am pretty positive its just anxiety, and I am pretty sure that I am medically ok, but you know how it goes. Should I just call it good?

Thanks for your replies!

MeToo
09-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Get your cholesterol checked, that way if it comes back fine its one less thing to worry about. If it does come back with somewthing concerning, I would think with your youth any cholesterol issues wouldn't be that bad and wouldn't require massive changes to correct. Alos, since they'd be taking blood from you anyway, I'd get them to test for diabetes and homocysteine levels as both these things can be risk factors for heart disease.
You can also get your blood pressure checked to see whether anxiety is putting your blood pressure into dangerous territory.

Enduronman
09-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Test for anxiety?..Hmm, interesting..and futile also.
1. Full hormone screen.
2. BP, EKG, simple vitals.
3. The cholesterol thing is not something I am in favor of at all because if you do your research, then you'll find large groups of PHD's that say cholesterol isnt even really a problem but it is a concern that has been created by the pharmaceutical companies themselves. Also, the statins are extremely DANGEROUS drugs period..You start freakin screwing around with cholesterol (natures steriod) and used by the body for ALL chemical manufacturing functions to keep your body performing properly then you may has well start "seeding the atmosphere" to create T-storms in certain areas too.
4. Alot of people with anxiety, don't realize nor understand that the result of eating or drinking the wrong things can also add to this supposed "anxiety" itself..Chemicals in food, sodium intake, chemicals in beverages, labels that say "proprietary blends" or "natural or artifical flavoring".

If anxiety goes untreated or misunderstood for a long period of time then it can cause DISEASE itself. I know that to be a fact, I live with 2 of them everyday for the rest of my adult (yeah right) life..

Best bet, find an understanding and capable Dr that actually gives a shit about YOU as a person. Find the right balance of medications or chemicals that which help YOU with your specific symptoms. Find a therapist, councelor, Psych to listen to YOU and offer solid advice and suggestions as this one in particular is a tough one. Finding a complete dumbass in this field is more likely so you'll have to shop around so as you dont hear them say "And what makes you think that?"..or "Why do you think that way?"...Those are the imbiciles, get up and walk out. Get a grip on your diet, bad habits, relationships with family, friends, associates at work and fine tune them all to meet your standards or criteria. Keep a daily diary or log of what "it" is thats bothering you, this is vital. Also, be OPEN and HONEST with everyone you encounter from this day forward because the more you or anyone else here tries to hide "it" then you are enableing "it" to grow..

E-Man.