PDA

View Full Version : What-if's: The source of my anxiety

TheDude
09-24-2012, 05:02 PM
All the sources seem to boil down to what-if's. I keep thinking, "What if my anxiety gets worse? What if I have to be admitted? What if I can't do this? What if my future doesn't turn out good?" I've come to realize that I need a much more logic-based approach to this issue. It would seem common sense to apply logic to a problem, but I've always been an intuitive, subjective, existential type. I was able to reason through some of my anxieties today after I meditated, and I've decided that's what I need to do in order to overcome it. I need to get serious about it. I'm going to start dismissing those thoughts as nothing more than invalid thoughts. Anyone else tried an approach like this?

Enduronman
09-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Dude...

Looking at the past..or continually thinking about the future, are BOTH feeders of anxiety and if it continues then the anxiety will intensify and never stop growing either. I do NOT do either one of those things. What if is not even allowed to be in my mind or vocabulary. If it were, I wouldn't be here today..

Welcome.

Enduronman..