PDA

View Full Version : Feeling defeated

TheDude
09-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I feel so hopeless about my future. I keep thinking things will get better for me once I can start college again, but I can't do that until January. All the time I have until then feels pointless. I just feel defeated and I don't know how to cope. I think I'm afraid of my job, but that's all I got. I skipped work today and woke up panicky at the thought of having to go today. I feel like there's no future there.

Life just seems so difficult lately, and it's hard to cope with it. I keep getting bogged down with thoughts on what life is "supposed" to be like, and how it's not that. I hold myself to expectations I guess I can't meet right now. Sometimes I think I'd be happy if I could just stay home all day writing and playing computer games, but I feel like that's not what people my age should be doing (19). I guess I'm having a quarter life crisis.

DragonLilly
09-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Can relate. I am really depressed and in order to live I have to work or study, but I haven't got the motivation to do either. I feel really shitty about myself because I cannot reach my goals since I'm so low all the time. I get really angry and stressed as I don't know what my future will hold since I am struggling so much now.

I'm 21 and I cannot finish a course and holding a job seems a bit hard. I am lost.

Rowlz
10-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Your future is what YOU make it.

We can do ANYTHING we want too. ANYTHING :)

MainerMikeBrown
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
The good news, Dude, is that all feelings, including unpleasant ones, never last forever for anyone.