PDA

View Full Version : Psych ward.

missfoxC
09-22-2012, 11:20 AM
If anybody who is suffering has the means to check themselves inpatient at a psych hospital to be treated then DO IT! It's the best choice I have made in my recovery! My life is bad and I owe it all to my wonderful drs I spent 3 days with who were concerned sincerely about getting me better! Think about it....

lsapphirel
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
if they allow husbands to be there with me, i dont mind. i dont think i can cope without anyone sleeping in the room with me. lol

missfoxC
09-22-2012, 01:04 PM
I was the same way!! I was sooooo scared. I have a 3 year old daughter that I've never been away from for more than a day! It was actually ok. I got time to focus on me and getting better along with people like me. Of course I cried at night and the first day but that next morning I set my Mind to getting better and kept that in the front of my mind! I'm glad I did it.

joshbagosh
09-22-2012, 02:24 PM
What did they do?

missfoxC
09-22-2012, 07:37 PM
I was there for 3 days. We were on a schedule to where everybody ate together, took meds ( I had a huge meds phobia and they helped me overcome) then thru out the day you do a lot of group stuff. Relaxation classes, ways to stretch your muscles for tension, and the part I love was the education! There was sooooo much education on what causes it, how to identify, triggers. All that in 3 days. Then once my meds were regulated they didn't just toss me out! They set me up with outpatient therapy and I start seein next week. It really put me on the right track! All I needed was the encouragement I couldn't find any where else. My family helped but couldn't relate. It was good. I didn't have my phone to google all my little symptoms that caused more worry in the past. I could focus. I wish I had done it way before I finally literally broke down!

TheDude
09-22-2012, 11:00 PM
This option sounds more and more enticing every time I think about it...

missfoxC
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
I fully recommend it! I would have done it 2 YEARS sooner if I woulda just known!

Mrspbnj0220
09-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I would love to do that if I had the means to. The only hospital around here would take me on a sliding scale (no insurance) but I've not heard the greatest things about that hospital.

missfoxC
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Maybe look around to a different hospital. Where are you from and I might can help.

Enduronman
09-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Congrats on yer success!! YAY!

E-Man..

mustangsally
09-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I was just thinking about this option and wondered if anyone else had done it. My anxiety is getting so bad Im starting to think about what it would be like if I werent here anymore. Let me make it clear that I would never actually DO anything, I just find myself often wondering what difference it would make if I was gone. Kudos to you for actually taking that step and helping yourself before you got any worse.