PDA

View Full Version : Having a really bad time

lottietucker
09-20-2012, 07:08 AM
My anxiety is so bad at the moment. I won't leave my bedroom unless I really have to. I'm chain smoking. I'm anxious all the time. I start beating my head with my fists - I just want it to stop. Then I cry. I try and sleep but can't. I try my hypnosis apps and breathing exercises. Nothing works. Im scared of everything - even mowing the lawn (which needs doing). I'm alone with no one to help me. I don't have any family or friends. I have to collect my son from school in 2 hours. Dont know how I'm going to cope. Somebody please help me.

Zara70
09-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi just saw ur message hope you are feeling abut better. The bad days are really hard and it's hard when you have no family to help, am in same situation but you have to force yourself for your child's sake that's what I do do they don't see me down or depressed and want them to have good memory of me.

owl
09-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi lottie, we crossed paths in a previous thread before. Hope you are feeling better today.

It's normal to have heightened anxiety on some days. It can be really tough. On days like those, I also have trouble reacting to it. One of the worst reactions to have is to cause yourself harm. It is pain with no payoff. I know from experience that it doesn't help the anxious feeling go away. I bet you know that too.

When you are having a bad day, you need to focus on yourself. Whether you like it or not, every experience you have that day will be effected by our anxiety unless you get it to a manageable level. So it's best to calm down before you start your day. One important thing to keep in mind is to take your time. Be kind to yourself and try to get some rest. Taking a 2-hour nap might do the trick for you. Light some scented candles, take a long bath, drink warm milk. See what works to get you to a reasonable level of calm.

It's incredibly hard to go through a long day with a heavy feeling of anxiety. The best way to get the most out of your day is to get rid of some of the anxiety. By putting some of your responsibilities on the backburner, you can allow yourself to focus on you because that should be your priority on the bad days. It's never a good idea to hurt yourself.

I know all this is easier said than done, but maybe something I've said can help you a little bit. I sure hope so. Good luck.