PDA

View Full Version : New

mikem56
09-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey all,

I am new to this forum, I have used some others before but thought I'd try this one out. I have general anxiety disorder and depression. Have been prescribed medications, celexa, but have not started them.

I know that these forums are good for seeking comfort and reassurance but also giving help and I'd love to be able to help in any way possible for everyone

Brings me to my first question though, my anxiety is a lot of the time concerned about my heart, I am constantly scared I have something far more dangerous, currently i continuously think I have Long QT Syndrome, does anyone else have a similar feat to that?

Thanks all,
Mike

leahbreanne
09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Hello Mike,
I am also somewhat new to this forum. I use it for comfort, I find it useful and people are nice and like to answer questions or just talk and vent.
I'm 20 years old, and also have GAD and mild depression. I was on sertraline for 4 months, it made my anxiety worse, so I am currently on no medication, but am thinking about starting a new one.
I have never had fear of a heart condition, but I wake up every morning with horrid chest pain, which my therapist says is me having a panic attack in my sleep. I am sorry though about your fear. Do you have a therapist? Or a good person you can talk to about your fear?
Leah

mikem56
09-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Hi Leah,

Sorry to hear about your attacks..
I do have a therapist, but I am out of state for school so I need to find one where I am now. I am also 20 and have had these for 2 years. I have been on and off able to excercise, some times I will be able to, others I will have these fears.. Ive had an EKG done but still fear about My heart..