PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety- ASMR

get busy living
09-19-2012, 12:39 AM
I thought I would pass on something that seems to relax me when I'm feeling anxious. It's called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response or ASMR for short. Basically, it's a tingling, buzzing sensation that makes you feel relaxed when listening to certain sounds/noises. The tingling sensation usually starts at the top of your head and travels down your body.

Examples:

The sound of paint brush bristles on a piece of canvas.
Someone rummaging through a box full of trinkets.
Recieving a hair cut.

Note: Unfortunately, not everyone experiences these sensations so they may have no effect on you.

Just search YouTube for "ASMR". There are hundreds of videos of different ASMR triggers so give it a shot. This isn't a cure to Anxiety but I know how minds can race and hopefully this can bring some temporary relief to others as it's done for me.

sweetheart4
09-21-2012, 09:44 PM
I am usually ok.I am medicated for panic. Attacks but something just triggered it.can we talk

janice4dan
12-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I searched you-tube for "ASMR", but couldn't find what you meant for. Can we talk? Need further assitance

nadbendy
04-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I found many results ..... some of them are unrelated... a great proportion of them relates to hair loss (ignore)