PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like anxiety?

Andrew Croxall
09-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Firstly let me say I have already found some helpful people and advice on these forums, so for that, thank you.

Now, I'm starting to wonder whether what I have is anxiety or something else. This is because every time I read or hear about anxiety it's SITUATIONAL anxiety.

Mine, however, is a general anxiety with no specific fear. Is that possible?

If I don't know what the cause is, and I don't have any specific fear, is therapy even an option? I can understand CBT for something like fear of social situations, but what if you have no clear cause?

That said, over the last few months I have had occasional panic attacks, so perhaps the whole thing is related.

I feel jittery, like I can't keep my body still. I do plenty of yoga and meditation and I'm often distracted while doing it by either the feeling of my heart (I've started to notice this much more since this all started... in all parts of my body) or the slight shaking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shaking like I'm 90 years old, but my body doesn't feel as relaxed, that's all. It's little things, like noticing that my hands move slightly when my heart beats. This could be completely normal for all I know - it's just that, before all this started, I didn't notice.

So, sound like anxiety?

Thanks in advance

aforce
09-18-2012, 12:35 PM
me too having same symptoms , yes its anxiety ...come on chat to discuss more by navigate .....forum-> anxiety_chat room

alankay
09-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Sure. Could be GAD(Generalized Anxiety Disorder). There is often abit of a mix though. Alankay