PDA

View Full Version : Having really bad morning

lottietucker
09-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Hi all, I am having a terrible morning. Woke up in a severe panic and now shaking from anxiety. The anxiety feels like it's compressing my chest and I'm hyperventilating. Can't stop the stream of thoughts coming into my head. :( Feeling terrible.

redgem
09-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Have you tried the 'breathe2relax' app on the iPhone/iPad ? I tried it yesterday and have to say it really helped, using belly breathing.There are breathing techniques you can do to calm you down, hope you can find something that works for you :)

lottietucker
09-18-2012, 06:36 AM
I've tried breathing techniques but they don't work for me. The anxiety in my chest just doesn't go and the minute I stop doing the breathing technique it all floods back again. I've also tried hypnosis apps but they don't help either. I'm so scared I'm always going to be like this forever. It's now the afternoon and about one and three quarter hours before I have to walk about 5 minutes to collect my son and already I'm starting to panic about it. :(

trinidiva
09-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Lay down and close your eyes. Breathe in through your nose, out through your mouth. Continue to slowly do that. Focus on a good or happy experience in your mind, or I like to envision myself laying down on a beach on a beautiful day. Do this for a few minutes.
Stand up and stretch your arms over your head, clasping your hands and turning them upwards. Stretch yourself as far as you can. With your arms still straight, bend at the waist, rotating yourself in a circular motion. Do this three times on one side, then do this again, going in the opposite direction. Remember while doing this, remember to breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. This is one of the Tai Chi exercises I do, and it always calmer me down.

I hope that you start to feel better....ugh, I hate panic attacks!!!!