PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy spells and hot flashes!

1Laticia
09-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I just got hot and felt dizzy all of a sudden it usually happens when I'm wandering off or not concentrating(daydreaming) Help does anyone else experience this.

dazza
09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
It's the fight or flight response which is almost identical to that of being startled or frightened.

Next time you get a real fright... try to make a mental note of how you react.
You will most likely feel the tingling or flash in your face, as you do with an anxiety attack. They're the same thing, essentially... only one is real and the other is home(brain)-made.

The dizziness isn't actual dizziness, it's your brain pre-occupied with preparing for action against danger.
Danger takes priority therefore you briefly lose control as your system fires up for action...

1Laticia
09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks Dazza cause after it happened that once I was freaking out thinking I was going to happen again which it did, but I calmed myself down and I'm better. But now (me being a hypochondriac) think i have wine kind of throat cancer because my left eat and the left side of my throat feels tangled or clogged. I also suffer from sinuses and have a lot of post nasal drip and mucous in the back of my throat. Could that be it?

dazza
09-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks Dazza cause after it happened that once I was freaking out thinking I was going to happen again which it did, but I calmed myself down and I'm better. But now (me being a hypochondriac) think i have wine kind of throat cancer because my left eat and the left side of my throat feels tangled or clogged. I also suffer from sinuses and have a lot of post nasal drip and mucous in the back of my throat. Could that be it?

Only your doc. can tell you for sure... but, for what it's worth, the ear and indeed whole side of your face can be effected by sinus issues.

My first port of call would be to attempt to unblock the sinus using off-the-shelf stuff like Vicks.

Buttercup
09-18-2012, 02:28 AM
It sounds like it could be linked to your sinuses. But as Daza said, only a doc could confirm that. I have had awful problems with my sinuses in the past and have had several sinus infections which made me feel like absolute crap- fuzzy head, dizzy, pain, hot flashes as the infection raised my temperature. All have been cured with a dose of antibiotics and thankfully I haven't had one in over a year. But I do often still get sinus problems that make me feel fuzzy and crappy but nasal sprays help. Have you tried any over the counter meds like a nasal spray, sudafed etc?

1Laticia
09-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks you guys! I woke up this morning and was draining and I am feeling much better!!!