PDA

View Full Version : on and on and on and and.....

metalfossil
03-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Where to start...???

I suffer from GAD, and I'm currently attempting not to shut myself off from life.

I know that what I'm thinking is unrealistic and, however that doesn't help me out of my predicament. I can't shut my negative thoughts up and it's driving me crazy.

Absolutely everything I do (even the simplest things like going to the mailbox) I have to mull and procrastinate over. Work has come an absolute nightmare. This is so difficult as I'm a supervisor and I feel I'm walking a tightrope. I just want everybody to leave me alone, and being in a supervisory position, this does not work.

Being on the lateshift doesn't help as all I want to do is sleep. I'm so very very tired....

I'm really at a terrible loss to know where to turn to next

V for Victor
03-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I have OCD, but also have a mild touch of Social Anxiety. I understand what you mean about just wanting to be left alone.

But if being around other people is what bothers you, you simply have to remind yourself that nobody is shining a spotlight on you and attracting the whole room's attention to you. Being a supervisor, you probably DO have some people focused on you, but for the most part, I'm sure the people around your workplace have plenty to keep them busy.

That's what I try to do, anyway: Remind myself that I'm not the center of attention here, and there's no need to feel nervous.

All in all, it sounds like you're in a bit of a hole here. I would suggest talking with a doctor or counselor about some therapy or medication. Those two things combined can work miracles.

If you'd like to discuss any of this (symptoms, fears, concerns about meds/doctors, etc.,) do feel free to send me a private message. :)