PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain!!!

leahbreanne
09-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I have frequent panic attacks and now I have chest pain when I have them.. Like right in the center of my chest. I am 20 years old and I don't think that's normal!! I talked to my therapist and my dr about it and they shrug it off like its nothing but I'm concerned

mcornejo
09-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Hypertension brought on by stress and anxiety. Trust it's no biggie I have it too. It's extremely common.

dazza
09-17-2012, 01:22 AM
The stereo-typical stress pain is at the back of the neck.
You've probably seen TV adverts or pictures relating to stress where the actor is looking worried and rubbing his/her neck?

You're experiencing the same sensations... only in your chest.

I've had it a hundred and one times. It feels like heart but rest assured it most certainly isn't.

Buttercup
09-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Such a common thing to happen to folk with anxiety. And due to the anxiety the immediate thought is..... uh oh, this must be something really serious. Anxiety and panic attacks manifest themselves with a huge number of horrible symptoms that mimic other conditions/diseases like heart attacks, stroke etc. As soon as you get your anxiety under control these symptoms miraculously disappear! Don't fixate on it and try accept that it's just one of the crappy feelings/sensations you get when you have a panic attack and it is not serious- just an awful side effect.

leahbreanne
09-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks people!!!