PDA

View Full Version : identity crisis

callmeshady
03-23-2007, 11:53 AM
ever feel like you dont know who u are...or just dont belong with the kind of people that are around you..maybe im just relle deppresed but latly i feel like everyone that i ever knew for years, even my friends..dont understand me..and i jsut dont wanna hangout or see anyone..i just dont know..im about to smoke some weed tonight..even though i said i quit for good..and this just sucks..i feel like a weirdo/f"g"t/queer/retard/every other negitve term out there :cry:

MikeMarcoe
03-30-2007, 10:40 AM
I think this is very common, but hidden. It's probably also a sign that you are experience a re-formation of your identity, which is often a good thing. You need to be productive with this period in your life, and watchful, and careful.

But I don't think the weed is going to help.

JEH2004
04-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Yes, this is a time for you to discover yourself and try to let the inner you take control instead of trying to please everyone else.

Im going through this too, youre not alone, and youre not a f**, retard or any of that. I think alot of people go through this and at one point they realize it while some can live their whole lives changing faces.

I still almost always feel out of place around friends, even family. I dont know how to get over this, Im struggling, but I do usually remind myself that I have deserve to be wherever I am, theyre no better than me, everyone has their issues.

Not trying to sound preachy, but from experience the weed only intensifies this feeling. And can make u more depressed. For me, I was eventually having panic attacks and had to cut it out completely.

Have u seen a therapist?