PDA

View Full Version : Of Chemistry and Chimeristry:

Invalidcharactr
09-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Logically, cognitively, I have everything figured out and mostly understood. I understand that I am skin and muscle, tubes and tissue, and a little bit of electricity to make it all go. At some point, this meat-machine is going to fail me, and then I won't be anymore. The stressors and triggers are meaningless. My relationships will blow away, and everything I've ever said or done will cease to matter in a handful of years (handful in a cosmic sense).

This is freeing. This knowledge is how I maintain intellectual and emotional integrity.

Then the chemicals get me. Heart-beating, brain suppressing, blank-faced chemicals screw me over.

"This doesn't matter," my brain says.

"Shut up brain," says my brain.

"But you're acting like an irrational child."

"You're not the boss of me!"

Siegfried
09-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Yep! That's about right. I remember having PAs and going to the entrance of an ER (close to my college) and saying: "well, I know I'm not dying, and even if I do it doesn't matter. But dear amygdala in the brain, you B****, who is making me cringe in a paroxysm of fear: here I am, by the door, if I collapse, they'll act as fast as possible. But I won't cross the threshold."

15 minutes later I would be sitting behind a desk, working.

fogor
09-14-2012, 03:20 AM
I have no braind

Enduronman
09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
yup..welcome to the wuneerful world of schizo! It's like viewing life through a prism and living in Willy Wonkmasters chocolate factory with oompa loomps er where!! YAY! :)