inkydezzzz
09-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Suffer from nano phobia I need help

inkydezzzz
09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
It's the fear of death

annalea(:
09-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Hate to belittle you, but the fear of death is called Thanatophobia and Nanophobia, is apparently a fear of small particles.

inkydezzzz
09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
U got told that by my doctor. But yeh I need help

annalea(:
09-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Really? Your doctor, wasn't right I'm afraid :)
Please try to explain in detail what your anxiety is, symptoms, experiences why you fear death and then we can try and help :)

inkydezzzz
09-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Got told off my doctor it was called that? Oh well. Still need help

annalea(:
09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Like i and Forwells has said, theres no point in saying you need help, if you wont tell us what you need help with.
This is a anxiety forum, not a psychic forum I'm afraid.

inkydezzzz
09-12-2012, 07:40 AM
All I do is think of death and how much I don't want to I can't eat sleep focus on anything am scared to go for a bath because it reminds me of a coffin I am scared to close my eyes please help

Siegfried
09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Inky, we're all afraid of death, but death itself is nothing: you won't be alive to notice how bad it is. Dying, on the other hand, must be a quite disagreeable experience. Why don't you articulate your fear? And try to caricature your associations: a bathtub reminds you of a coffin, so why not think of Donald Duck going on a Transatlantic trip in his bathtub, propelled only by his shower head? (I took a shot...)

Anw, what kind of treatment did your doctor recommend?

inkydezzzz
09-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I have 3 type of meds just to calm me down am waiting for Cbt treatment I just don't no how to get threw the day without a panic attack

Enduronman
09-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Dear Inlydezzleburg,

So, obviously this is a huge issue for you and I'm sorry about that too. We all seem to have varying degress of disorder, conditions, and concerns of one thing or another. Most of them, make little sense to another member or to someone that suffers with anxiety disorders especially when it is related to some sort of phobia. This is (1) area that I know virtually nothing about as I have no phobias presently but I did have severe social anxiety at one point so maybe that could be considered a phobia. I dont know..

As far as your fear of death or dying goes, I must say that this is literally the only (1) thing that is certain in life for 8 Billion other people besides yourself. Honestly stating to you friend, there is no way around this (1) thing in anyones life or lifetime. I'm not real sure what may have sparked this fear within you, nor do I know how long its been a main focus of yours either but here's something else to think about. First off, why not quit wasting the life that you have been blessed with and live it because you only get (1) shot at it? Secondly, accept the fact that at some point I'm going to die, and so are you along with everyone else in this world? Thirdly, why not have some faith in a higher power instead of thinkin yer stuck in a coffin? Your life is a gift and a blessing, so maybe you should try to snap outta this and realize how this also affects others in your family, friends, neighbors or whoever you care about because you know what? They care about you..Next thing, this planet has been here for 6 Billion years and there have been many billions before you, and there will be many billions after you and I too.

You're going to have to accept this, because it is inevitable. Live for today, look forward to tomorrow, and have hope for the future..Thats it. That is all any of us can do anyway.

Theres my 1 cent..

Enduronman..

inkydezzzz
09-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I no all this. I just need help to cope

jhunter89
09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Think your gonna struggle with this one E

leeann76
09-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Inkydezz- I'm sorry you're going through this. Have you ever read anything about Paula Deen? She had the same phobia you are dealing with now. Look her up and read her story. I think it may help.

Enduronman
09-12-2012, 02:36 PM
You may KNOW all of this..but for some reason you're not allowing yourself to ACCEPT this. This is a straight-forward, at face value, inevidetablity. We're human. I'm not real sure what else to offer here but it is a major issue for you because of your inability or unwillingness to accept these facts. Facts don't get any more solid, proven, or clarified any further then the end of ones life friend. Why not just make due with the life you're given rather then fear its demise or end.. Which more then likely is 60 years from now anyway!! Hell I'm an old retarded Swedish dude with a grandson!! and disabled, cripple, sore as hell, with a dozen mental malfunctions so PLEASE just quit dreading the worst. I'm living through your eyes, cause I cant see either!!

Enduronman
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I wanna live long enough to see Jesus singing lead for lynard skynard with an all Angel band and while I'm wearing a tuxedo T-shirt and hammered drunk!!! And yer buyin the ticket!!! :)

jhunter89
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm as freeeee as a bird now

inkydezzzz
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Add me in face book Charlotte inky brogan

inkydezzzz
09-12-2012, 05:42 PM
What I want is to wake in the morning and b happy about it. Am willing to try anything. I want to b able to b ok with my anxiety and us that to help others x

Siegfried
09-12-2012, 08:30 PM
What meds are you taking? I think you need to stop believing that someone else can help you cope. YOU have to cope. It's hard, but most of us have been there and have done it. You can do it too. Buck up! =)

inkydezzzz
09-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Am sorry am just so lost at the moment and I don't no what to do. Diazpine a beta blocker and one that starts with m x

dazza
09-13-2012, 11:17 AM
>Diazpine a beta blocker and one that starts with m

pmsl!!!! you mean you don't even KNOW what meds you're taking?

Sheeeshh...

Could be just an M&M sweet?

Siegfried
09-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Inky, please go and get those names for us. It will really help us to have a bit more to say to you. =)

Dazza, not knowing the name of the medication one is taking might be a perfectly reasonable strategy. If you trust your prescriber, have little time to fuss, or believe you lack the inclination to learn about them, why bother? Not a strategy I'd feel comfortable following... But it might be reasonable! Let's not sit in judgment on Inky! Kumbaya! ;-)