PDA

View Full Version : Wtf is this?

jhunter89
09-11-2012, 12:14 AM
So I woke this morning at 4 a.m when my partner got up for the loo. When he got back he was wide awake (I find it very hard to sleep when he isnt, not entirely sure why) so we watched some comedy show for a bit and I closed my eyes and relaxed to try fall asleep again but everytime I try to relax it feels like I'm holding my breath? And feels like I have to make a conscious effort to breathe and I keep getting nasty surges of adrenalin which is making me feel uneasy and Ofcourse making it impossible to sleep. I have to get up for work soon now anyway so might aswell just stay awake. Just thought I'd have a little rant... Wahhh!!

dazza
09-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Dontcha just hate that... I mean, getting up for a wazz at silly o'clock and then feeling wide awake. So irritating!

It's hard because you're up against time. The longer your wazz takes the more likely you are to wake up, so it's tempting to run for it and go quickly.
BUT, running about as soon as you wake up is NOT a good idea... the increased heart rate itself will also most likely wake you up.

The ideal solution is a bed pan, lol

What you're experiencing is normal. Not just for anxiety sufferers but anyone.
I've had it no end of times, so has my dad - so we THINK it's inherent.

Just have to ride it out I'm affraid. You'll probably find it only happens a handful of times a year.

jhunter89
09-11-2012, 12:30 AM
It wasn't me that got up for a wee! lol but thanks for your reply :)

jhunter89
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
This feeling has returned again now I'm trying to sleep :( GAWD!

Enduronman
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
yer a f**kin trainwreck..:) Problem solved!

E-Man.

Siegfried
09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Time for one of those pills...........

jhunter89
09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't want to rely on pills to sleep :(