PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone relate?

Jconley
09-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I have been having serious bouts of vertigo or that off balance feeling. It isn't constant but when it happens it really freaks me out and makes my anxiety worse. I get premature heart beats which scare the hell out of me but my doc says they aren't dangerous.......why don't I believe him? I am so scared that something is seriously wrong with me and I hate it. I can't convince myself that nothing is wrong. Maybe the dr is missing it? Maybe he has no idea? Maybe I should get a second opinion just to make sure? This is the worst feeling and I'm sure some of you have experienced it so you know how it is. I just can't shake it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as long as it helps me calm down.

leeann76
09-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I've had all the same physical symptoms you are having now. If you feel a second opinion would help ease your mind, then go for it. Anxiety can make your body react in some pretty scary ways. I just try to relax and not focus too much on them. I find the more I think about them, the longer they hang around. Abdominal breathing really helps. So does distraction. I know it's scary sweetie, but it will pass.

kmarie30
09-10-2012, 11:10 PM
I have pvc's and have had dizziness for a year with no diagnosis either. I take a beta blocker at present for the heart palps and I'm scared every moment too! I wish I could help but at least we are not alone. It's so scary.

troy294
09-11-2012, 12:00 AM
I had PVC"s and I thought I was going crazy , the dr set me for a ultra sound of my heart and turns out nothing wrong so since then they went . You just need to ease your mind

dazza
09-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Remember that fight or flight mode is frequently activating which is SUPPOSED to be preparing you to run or fight for your life.

The dizziness you experience is because your brain is pre-occupied with preparing your system and thus peripheral senses are not processed correctly while this preparation is executing.

In the case of anxiety, fight or flight mode and the symptoms thereof seem innapropriate, out-of-the-blue & frightening because rather than run or fight, you're just sitting there experiencing them in full force.

Palps are common-place. The awareness of them is the problem.
Danger signals passing through your nervous system also reach the heart, causing rythmn imbalances which feel uncomfortable.
This is only a brief provocation. The heart quickly reverts to it's normal rythmn.