PDA

View Full Version : Just had my first panick attack in weeks..

ADD
09-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I forgot how scary they can be..

ADD
09-10-2012, 07:27 PM
It takes time to master that, wouldn't you think!?

Enduronman
09-10-2012, 08:06 PM
once you find the "panic button", then you can control it..It just takes research, knowledge, and study as to where it is and what is causing the switch to be activated. It may be 1 thing, dozens of things, or even hundreds of things that all trigger the panic mode for each individual person but the only way to de-activate it is to find out why you're pushing it to begin with..

Enduronman..

ADD
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
I just started therapy last week, God willing I get to the bottom of this. My therapist who is adorable by the way told me that it might take some time before finding out.

I am just happy that me an her had that bond, as I understand that is very important. I will keep you guys updated on this.

ADD
09-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Wait I'm confused now, what's the best way to approach this situation in its entirety!? I'm sure you guys have done your homework, I can see by the way you present your cases!!

Enduronman
09-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Ok, better explanation. Yes, we all have the panic button and it is located in the same place but the reasons for activating it are all dependent upon the individual person themselves as the cause or causes for the reaction differ with every person, in every unique case. The panic switch, is located in the brain. It is how any person perceives any given thing visually, as a potential threat or cause to go into Defcon 5 mode. The "stress response" is that the same of our ancestors athough be it not so pronounced or common as it is now. Their lives were in all ways, much more simpler as defined by history books. They lived in times where there wasnt even a car yet, no tv, no computer, no phone, and their lives were much more compact or condensed without the saturation of news, gossip, social networking, cellphones, communications, and the overload of all this knowledge of whats going on, everywhere, at any time. That in itself is the key to many peoples anxiety problems. The anxiety, and panic attacks that those of us experience of feel is the same as what a Gladiator, a Soldier, a Neanderthal man being attacked by a dinosaur..it is the same stress response as triggered by the brain, then to the adrenal glands to produce chemicals ordered to meet demand of "we're going to get hurt". It then throws the body, its organs, the entire system into "CODE RED ALERT" and begin to restrict blood flow to the extremities in order to protect the vital organs from impending or perceived doom or death. It also in turn, floods the systems with chemicals to make one very alert, aware, and to be able to think clearly and think quickly to protect oneself from the supposed threat. The problem is, 99.97% of the time..there is no threat at all. So, the brain either has to choose between fight or flight. There are only (2) options that one must quickly choose from.

Now, in my case I understand, accept, acknowledge, that there is no threat. Nor do I worry about things either. This was not always the case, until (1) single day this year when I switched the "panic button" to off..permanently. I had to figure out all of the different variables, dynamics, thoughts, worries, concerns, stress inputs, that were causing me to live in constant "attack mode". When I did, I deleted them all. After total removal of all stored files, memory, thoughts, fears, concerns,..my life was great! For 18 days,..then rheumatoid arthritis struck me and I also know why and how too..From living a life in constant stress, tension, and allowing external influence of chronic stress to keep me in "panic, attack, stress, mode". So, once I was chose to be done living within "The Anxiety Matrix", my own body retaliated against my new orders and new commands. It went out of control, and thats why I sit here now because of a crippleing, disabling, by product of anxiety that was never controlled. Weird, but true...

Enduronman..