PDA

View Full Version : Ladies....anxiety worse around cycle

leeann76
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
My anxiety seems to greatly increase around this time, some months worse than others. It really gets me down. Any suggestions?

dazza
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Hormone imbalance.

It is said that eating nutrient-rich foods for the few weeks leading up to the cycle can help prevent most of the symptoms.

In particular;

Vitamic-C
E.g. Red peppers, citrus juices, oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, strawberries, papaya, kiwifruit, potatoes with skin, tomatoes and tomato juice

Vitamin-E
E.g. Almonds, wheat germ oil, sunflower oil, sunflower seeds, safflower oil, hazelnuts, peanuts and peanut butter. Modest amounts of vitamin E are present in soybean oil, broccoli, kiwi, tomato and spinach

Wholegrains
E.g. Whole wheat, barley, long-grain brown rice, wild rice, oats and popcorn. Breads, cereals, pasta, soup and other prepared foods made from whole grains are suggested

leeann76
09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Thank you so much Dazza!!! I'll try that.

TheWhiteRabbit
09-10-2012, 09:39 PM
It is because your progesterone levels drop and estrogen rushes so that you can start. This can increase anxiety. You can try an all natural progesterone cream. This will help relieve symptoms. I had it the worst with a panic attack every time and then I'd start. My obgyn found that I had too small of progesterone levels leaving an estrogen dominance. I no longer get anxiety bad before. I take an all natural pill. If the cream doesn't help have your dr test you for hormone imbalance.

Luck!