PDA

View Full Version : New to anxiety

jeff84
09-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Hello and sorry for the wall of text =/ about 4 months ago out of the blue I woke up very tired, fatigued, weak, and in pain in my arms and legs after about a week of it getting worse I went to my doctor who sent me for blood work all came back normal after another week of it not getting any better and being so weak walking was painful I went to the hospital ER they did blood work, urine, ct scan and a ekg on me it all came back fine so they sent me home and wanted me to see a nurologist (parent with history of MS) at this point my symptoms had grown to :

* Feel like you are going to pass out or faint
* Chronic Fatigue
* No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
* Numbness or tingling in hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
* Weak legs, arms, or muscles
* Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough
* Dizziness or light-headedness
* Feeling like there is a tight band around your head, pressure, tightness
* Nausea or abdominal stress
* Sore jaw that feels like a tooth ache
* Difficulty falling or staying asleep
* Pain
* Tingling, pins and needles feelings
* Warm spells

the nurologist sent me for MRI of the brain and spine and additonal blood work ..everything came back fine (for a guy so healthy i feel like crap) he wanted me to come back in 3 weeks to see if things were better about a week later I fainted at work and they called a ambulance ER did the same tests all came back fine and they wanted me to go see a rheumatologists who ran tests for autoimmune thyroid and other stuff which all came back fine ...2 weeks later back at the nurologist he said I had severe anxiety and stress (Im in the middle of buying my first home and recently got promoted at work) and put me on Clonazepan 0.5 mg (twice a day) and Sertraline 25mg (once a day) so over the next month alot of the symptoms went away (still had some weakness not to the degree it was and some pain mostly in the jaw and arms but not to the degree it was) so my regular doctor changed the medicine to Sertaline 50mg (once a day) and Clonazepan 0.5 only when needed but now the pain has returned and the weakness is extreme and I cant sleep threw the night...so my question is (and ive read the symptom list here so i know these are all symptoms of it) does this sound like anxiety to you guys ? I dont feel stressed and I dont have "anxiety attacks" its a where all of a sudden things come on its I wake up weak tired and in pain and it never goes away ? I know thinking there is something else wrong that the doctors missed is actually a symptom of it but I cant help but think that way any and all advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED...SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT

Enduronman
09-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Yes..All the f**kers with degrees that extracted $$$'s outta yer pocket missed something. Your HORMONES are all f**ked up..plain and simple. Yer gonna need more then sertaline and clonazepam to get you on track again friend as you were derailed really quickly, you can get back on the rails again just as fast with the right stuff too..

E-Man.

sandymemberworks
09-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I am new to this anxiety business. I heard of people having it but didnt i would get it too. It all started after i gave birth to my fourth child, i was told by my gyno that i needed b12 shots for some reason, and post pregnancy she was unable to give it to me, so i had to find a GP how would prescribe it. As i didnt have a GP i began finding one and as there is a shortage of it i went to a clinic that deals with preventive cure. They had a number of test listed and one of them was a stress test. I did the stress test and after 3 minutes they told me it was done and the cardiologist said it was not normal but not abnormal and he needs to do further testing like a ct angiogram, he also mentioned that if i do it at a hospital it will be done in about 6 months but with him i can do it in a few days and they will charge 1000 dollars( i had private insureance). So i got all worried and concerned and agreed to do the test but in the form that they giave me to fill out it asked if i was breast feeding and i was so i went back to the cardio he kind of looked strange as he didnt know that i had just delivered. Well the next day i called the clinic again and talked to the nurse that i dont think the stress test was done properly etc and she aisd ok let me talk to the doctor, after a while she called me and said i spoke to the doctor and he says your heart is fine and if i dont want to do the test it is ok. Well then i had a follow up with the GP and he said if i were you i would not let this go you should have the test done. So i said i will see another doctor. He gave me all my ecg readings and i went to aonther cardio and he said all of this is rubbish you are healty young woman with no risk factors and we will do the stress test again. I did it again and this time it was inconclusive as i didnt finish the test(but not due to the heart). He said you are tired and had a baby so come back in 6 months and we will do it again. I was worried once again and asked him if my heart was fine and he said yes but i asked him again that are you sure and he said ok we will do another test a nuclear test. This test was to be for two days and i could not feed my baby for 72 hours. So i did an Echo which came out normal. But all this time i kept reading on the internet and different heart forums and it was all bout how they were misdiagnosed and all of that. So i started calling the nurse line about any symptoms that i felt and they would tell me no it is not heart related but one day one nurse said go to the ER or call 911, i went into a panic mode and rushed to a walk in clinic where the doctor said you are having a panic attack, i was like not i am having a heart attack and she said if i dont believe her go to the ER and they will keep you all night and tell you its not a heart attack.So the next day i got a call from the psychitritc nurse telling me that you came to see the doctor and she thinks i am suffering from anxiety. So that is the point where i thought ok it could be this. So i saw her and a therapist for a month. I did believe that i had anxiety symptoms but once any pain or jaw pain (i clench my teeth) or my left hand hurts or any pain i go into this panic mode. Even right now i just got off the phone from the nurse who told me it is anxiety. I saw another GP who told me i might be suffering from post partum depression. But i dont want to pop meds lin my mouth. I just want to believe that my heart is fine. but my pains dont let me beielve it for a long time. I have stopped all excercise, i dont even play catch with my son that i might stress my heart. I just want a one day worry free but its not happening. Please help

trinidiva
09-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Do you exercise regularly? That helps that feeling, sluggish, I don't want to do anything feeling to disapate. Are you eating properly and on time...not skipping meals etc?

agraves911
09-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Dear jeff84.
Yes that is classic anxiety. When I get stressed or moving a little too fast, I too get tingling. And if the first medication you took work,tell your doctor. The reason you were in pain may be because when people are anxious, they tend to clench the muscles in their body and this caused a sore tired feeling and stress can also cause the heart rhythms and fatigue.

julia1red
09-11-2012, 09:30 AM
hi there sounds like me, ive had the test i take my bp every day about 10 times im scared to excert myself incase i feel my heart stop, its driving me mad i have jaw pain and arm pain to, my husband is getting really annoyed with me i take sleeping pills at night so i can switch my mind off. i feel for you x