PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks and Sleep

Sassy Girl
09-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Does anyone else wake up during the night with the physical but not mental symptoms of a panic or anxiety attack ?

How do you stop them occurring if you do ?

I've been waking up during the past week with the physical symptoms (mainly racing heart) but no mental ones. It's worrying me and annoying. I want it to stop right now. It normally happens more than once a night. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. One night it happened every hour :(

Sedigive
09-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I know about those unfortunately. I haven't found a good way to stop them. Usually if I have had a lot of stress during the day I find that they are more common. Drink some chamomile tea in the evenings. No caffeine after 3 in the afternoon. If possible be alone for a while reading, web surfing (nothing violent or depressing) whatever to facilitate a little bit of a mental vegetative state. Issues with others in your home can plague your mind and set one off (it does for me anyway).

Sassy Girl
09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks for that Sedigive. I actually stopped drinking any caffeine about four weeks ago due to high blood pressure. Now the only caffeine I have is in chocolate although I rarely have that as well. I do read before bed every night. Although my husband is partially to blame for my anxiety I think most of my worry and fear at the moment is due to having high blood pressure. Even though waking up with panic attacks makes me feel scared and very alone it does help to know that I am not the only one.

leahbreanne
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
This happens to me every single morning. I wake up w/ cheat pain and my dr says theyre panic attacks happening in my sleep.. Although she says there isn't anything I can do about it -____-