PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

Anisky
09-08-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm Sarah I've been dealing with anxiety since I was a child. Of course I didn't know that's what it was so last year when I started going to a new doctor I told her about my symptoms and what I should do she prescribed me celexa. First few weeks were HORRIBLE omg I thought I was going to die. Finally I was able to sleep for a week then symptoms were back so she upped my dose to 20milg still no change. Switched me to lexapro didn't do anything. So today I go to her an my anxiety is KILLING ME chest is in a knot I feel like a whale is sitting on me. As I'm trying to explain how I'm feeling she's nodding and I tell her about these weird shock like feelings now I see she's looking at me like I'm completely NUTS.... Which frustrates me because I'm telling her the best way I can explain it now it's taken a YEAR and she finally says I don't think you have depression I think you suffer from anxiety so now tonight I started Paxil. I get online and start reading other people's comments and so on and they too have the same experiences as I do. I finally feel validated like Im not crazy and my feelings are justified... Now I know this is a lot all at once but I really needed to get it out.....and I'm sure that's more than just a get to know me... Thing...... Lol sorry..... :)

alankay
09-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Not all docs are good at helpping with anxiety. Might need to find another but paxil might be better for you. Alankay

Anisky
09-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Well I'm trying to be positive but last night was HELL my heart felt like it was going to come out of my chest and all day its felt like someone was squeezing it..... Work was bad I did go out with my friends even tho I really wanted to be in bed I went to earth bound bought every rock crystal to help relieve it... I know but I'm desperate I'm now drinking chamomile tea and trying to relax I know all drugs take time and nothing is an instant cure but wow...... I really hope this doesn't last long.....

louise07
09-10-2012, 06:42 PM
i get that all the time. feelis like my heart beats racing and pounding really hard. plus it feels like theres something pushing a force on my chest. really scary. what do you do when you feel that?

fogor
09-14-2012, 03:38 AM
welcome to you!