PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about getting anxiety

Confidential
09-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Does anybody else have anxiety for the mere fear of the next anxiety attack? I had a huge attack this morning and ever since(took 3 Xanax today) I just have this constant feel of anxiety in me, like another one could happen at any moment. My biggest fear is that it will happen at 4 in the morning again and I have to be to work by 7:30 :(

winkthehouseelf
09-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I definitely have felt this way. For the longest time my panic attacks occurred mostly while I was sleeping. Getting woken up at 2am by a full blown panic attack is terrifying. Trying to fall back asleep after, for me, seems impossible.

dazza
09-07-2012, 12:04 AM
>Does anybody else have anxiety for the mere fear of the next anxiety attack?

Yes of course! anyone who suffers a/d and/or panic often lives in fear of the next episode - that's normal and ironically quite a large part of the problem.

This fades as you recover.

Fear is a horrible feeling of doom / physical symptoms / sensation of being out of control, so it's of no surprise that we fear FEAR.

Must admit I've never been woken by a panic attack. Once asleep I'm always out for the count until the morning.
Perhaps you should look at ways to improve your sleep such that you don't wake up so often?

Confidential
09-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Well I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago but never went back for treatment(fear of the xtra oxygen at night givin me an attack). But now Ive scheduled an appt for October, Im hoping it will help with my sleeping and the anxiety itself.

lsapphirel
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
You are not alone. I would normally go to the Doc's, as time pass by, cause im seeing a Doc 3-4 times a week, now, here's my issues with Docs, they make me feel safe and secure. so when i feel my panic at 70%, id walk into a clinic. i needed someone who knows and will listen and give me assurance. sometimes though, id just take a lorazepam. Walking every day for 30-60mins helps too, for me that is. and when you walk, dont think, dont care, just enjoy it. food intake has been helpful too. These has help me eased the fear. however, when i face an almost full blown panic, say at 85%, id get really traumatized, the fear comes back, and i have to start over. My menses is triggering my panic. i still dont know how to deal with it. during the 10 days, i'll be taking lorazepam for 6 nights and the rest will be to the Docs i go.

domdabears
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I get it all the time. Just by reading this thread is giving me one lol

lsapphirel
09-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I get it all the time. Just by reading this thread is giving me one lol

when i first started to search the web, it was like that for me, but as days passed by, it actually helps me. the more i read, the more i comment, the more im open about this, the better i feel.