PDA

View Full Version : Arg! More morning anxiety

trinidiva
09-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I swore I was having a heart attack this morning. I was feeling sweaty, felt like I could not take in a breath at all. The paranoia started to set in and I went fumbling around, looking for my xanax. Even after I took it, I was still not feeling right. I didn't have chest pain, or radiating ARM pain....just that annoying feeling of nor being able to breath properly. I really hate morning anxiety.....does anyone else get it? What methods work for you in order to relieve it????

jessica29
09-05-2012, 07:52 AM
I swore I was having a heart attack this morning. I was feeling sweaty, felt like I could not take in a breath at all. The paranoia started to set in and I went fumbling around, looking for my xanax. Even after I took it, I was still not feeling right. I didn't have chest pain, or radiating ARM pain....just that annoying feeling of nor being able to breath properly. I really hate morning anxiety.....does anyone else get it? What methods work for you in order to relieve it????

I get it just about EVERY morning. It's awful
I woke up with it today. I half think cuz we expect it it happens. My morning routine usually consists of my eyes fly open and panic mode sets in instantly. I take an adivan then I drink a glass of warm milk(I avoid n e think with caffeine) usually by the time I'm done with my milk I have calmed down considerably

toto1234
09-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I also have this each morning and don't know what to do anymore.

ava
09-05-2012, 09:23 AM

This happens to me a lot. You have to try and not think so much. I usually wake up like this when I have to many worries on my mind, but I'll deny it. What helps is leaving my house and going for a walk. Many of us work so that may not help. Take a tea: Passionflower. They only a sell it at those herbal supplementary stores. Take it ever morning. I drink about 2-3 a day..I hope that helps, go get the tea. Your not alone and stay positive :)!!

Enduronman
09-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Every single one of you have a case of "Hormones Gone Wild".. It is the exact moment that a person awakes, when cortisol levels are at their peak. (stress hormone). There's a way to deal with this too..and the 1st step is to get a full hormone screen performed at exactly 8am while fasting. Then you go from that point to step #2...

E-Man.

trinidiva
09-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Thank you all for your responses......I will look for the tea that was mentioned, I usually use camomille tea in the evening.......

As far as a hormone screening, I often wondered if my hormones were out of whack....this whole anxiety issue started after having my first kid....surprisingly, the anxious feelings went away when I was pregnant with my second child, then returned after that with a vengeance!

defmunel
09-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Interesting! I never thought of hormones playing a role in anxiety. I have always been a worrier of sorts, but, my anxiety didn't really kick in full gear until I had my son. Man, I had some serious PPD. I'm scared to get pregnant again, because of my anxiety. I take Xanax as needed when I'm having a panic attack. Usually once every 2 months. I can't take it when I'm pregnant. Reading about how your anxiety lessened when you were pregnant with your second gives me a bit of hope. :)

trinidiva
09-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Yes, it completely went away.....I had a very enjoyable pregnancy...with no panic attacks at all!!!! After I had the baby though, the panic attacks and anxiety really hit me hard again.