PDA

View Full Version : New to anxiety

ste
09-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Hello people
Im new to all of this but for the past few weeks i have started feeling really anxious and scared i havnt got to the point where its so bad yet as im still manging to come to work which is getting a bit of a struggle and i have this weird feeling in my throat like a lump and im feeling the need to swallow all the time and on ocassions its making me feel like im going to be sick litrally. Which is not good cause im worrying about it coming on me when i am out and about. The strange thing is i have nothing at all to worry about im still working and have a lovely girlfriend and daughter but i have got to get to the root of it cause its getting me down and i dont want it getting any worse i think the biggest problem for me is the feeling like im going to be sick with the nerves. Hope i have explained myself clearly enough for you to understand and any replies/help will be much appreciated. Steven 34 years old

Jo Smith
09-05-2012, 03:22 AM
I have had that lump feeling and it is really not pleasant. I did some tense and relaxation exercises on my shoulders and neck and it went after a few days (though whether from the exercises or just coincidence i dont no). And its good how your keeping your work routine. I find that I really want to get away from work, but then when i am i over think and get worse. Also working and having kids sounds like super hard work!
JO

Siegfried
09-05-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear that ste! Yours are the typical symptoms of anxiety. It may be hard/impossible to understand the "root cause" of it, and it is important to get your symptoms under control. You can do it! I would recommend breathing and relaxation exercises (you can find them online), a mild workout at least three times a week, talking to your loved ones about what you are going through, and a cup of chamomile tea thirty minutes before going to bed. Also, be brave and do your very best not to avoid doing anything because you feel anxious. This is very important!

Keep us posted!

ste
09-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Thankyou all for the replys and ill keep you posted and i must say its a good site/forum as talking about it has made me feel a little better and i will try some of those tips because if anything can take away this anxious feeling without medication i will be really happy
Kind regards

Siegfried
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Good luck, Ste! We're here if you need us. And do not forget: you WILL get over this.

anxiety-king
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
They are only symptoms - and your reaction to it is the anxiety - nothing else!

ste
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind replys and as we speak im trying the chamomile tea hope it helps as i feel iv got to do something to try and put a stop to this feeling im going to try and do the relaxation stuff later or tomorrow again thanks i feel a little just talking to people on here