PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

rathan
03-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm 27 and have been suffering from anxiety (agoraphobia, etc.) for about 12-13 years.

Fortunately I am able to work from home so I don't have to deal with the day to day stress of the workplace, but I am still deal with my condition quite a bit, and it has limited me a lot (or rather, I have let it do that).

Anyway, I'm glad to be on here and look forward to having some good conversations.

mornegerard
03-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi Rathan

Its good to see that you are positive. I am 31 and anxious all the time and also suffer from agoraphobia, however, I am not in the position to work from home (I wish I could). I nearly wet myself from fear every day travelling to work and sitting at work, so it can be done.

The one thing I heard from someoen that has really stuck with me, is that anxiety has no sense of geography, it can hit you anywhere, so keep on trying to get out of the house.

Best of luck and I hope that all of us on this forum get over this senseless, but very real anxiety problem.

Cheers
Morné

Fiona
03-23-2007, 03:09 AM
I wish I waere you working from home!!!! I had anxiety about 6 years ago and managed to how do I put it, get it under control, now new family life I think is taking it's toll and I am beginning to get sysmptoms of it coming back.

I hope to meet new people on here and get to chat to fellow suffers.

Speak Soon

Fiona

Fiona
03-23-2007, 03:13 AM
I wish I waere you working from home!!!! I had anxiety about 6 years ago and managed to how do I put it, get it under control, now new family life I think is taking it's toll and I am beginning to get sysmptoms of it coming back.

I hope to meet new people on here and get to chat to fellow suffers.

Speak Soon

Fiona