PDA

View Full Version : overcoming anxiety of fighting?

ineedofhelp
03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
hi im new to this forum,
i have been in alot of confrontations lately and i allways seem to panic and run, its embarressing and i know fighting isn't the way but i would like to be able to stand up for myself and not get the whole panic feeling not be able to even think clearly about what im doing because i panic so much.... any advice on this 1?

mornegerard
03-21-2007, 03:21 AM
Hi,

I wish I had some advice for you, but unfortunately I dont, as I am terrified of confrontation. Before my condition started to get worse a couple of years ago, I used to do karate and kung-fu, so by rights, I shouldn't have this fear, but I do.

The only thing I can think of, is avoid fighting, it does not achieve anything, apart from either you or someone else getting hurt.

Good luck, I thought I'd just reply to let you know you aren't the only one who feels like this.

Cheers
Morné

V for Victor
03-21-2007, 07:57 AM
If, by confrontations, you mean coming face to face with somebody who actually wants to beat you up, I'd say what you're experiencing is natural!

It's called fight or flight, and it's your body pumping up the adreneline for the purpose of either engaging in combat or running to save yourself.

Like mornegerard said, the best solution is to AVOID confontrations. Make peace with your enemys, if possible.