PDA

View Full Version : Worry

Rednip
08-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Hello everyone . Can anybody help me I have GAD and all I do is worry its mainly worry at work tho as in have I done this properly or did I do that up ,I'm a tyre and exhaust fitter by the way and all I do is worry about what if I didn't fit something right .Im awaiting to see a cbt therapist but just wondering how can they help you to stop worrying I mean is it even possible ???

babylove123
08-29-2012, 07:54 AM
I worry all the time too bc of my anxiety .
& everyone tells me to just think about something else, something positive.
Easier said than done :(

Rednip
08-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Yea it is easier said then done because the more you try to avoid the worry the worse it gets

Rednip
08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Yea I know what you mean trouble is the more you try to avoid the worry the worse the worry gets

duqgrad
08-29-2012, 09:17 AM
I worry all the time too bc of my anxiety .
& everyone tells me to just think about something else, something positive.
Easier said than done :(

When you try to not worry about something you actually worry about it more. I read this in a CBT workbook that I have been using.

dazza
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I would be anxious fitting tyres... like, "shit, did I do that wheel nut up tight enough?"

How about concentrating on the job a little more such that you give yourself the reassurance at source.

I.e. put a wheel back on & consciously recognise that you've applied the correct torque at the time of doing it. Double or triple check if you have to?
This then puts a guarantee on the job and will help prevent the worry further down the line.